July Transfer Thread | The Boneyard

July Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn’t see one of these, so I guess I should start one?

In addition to the Lavender Briggs news, there is also this:

Vandy’s roster gets even shorter, in multiple ways.

Reaction Score
I dont know how good she is but 6'6 is something you can't teach. Maybe heading back to her home state?

Outside of Briggs, are there any other high profile transfers left?

Reaction Score
How broad a definition of “high profile” are we using? In descending order of high profileness (imo):

Zaay Green out of TAMU.

Awa Trasi from LSU, if she is still in the portal, has not announced a destination that I know of.

Neither has former MSU commit and Houston player Daphane White.

Reaction Score
Zaay Green out of TAMU.
Well she was a former highly rated recruit so I would count this.

Trasi actually has potential but she regressed her 2nd season under Fargas. She would do well with a good coach IMO.

Reaction Score

Trasi actually has potential but she regressed her 2nd season under Fargas. She would do well with a good coach IMO.

She would do well with a good coach but she should also want to get into a school soon because teams are already posting videos of their offseason workouts. If she is going to pick a school really late and miss workouts it may put her behind when it comes to team chemistry, learning new system.

She entered the portal quite a long time ago and wasn't some new entrant like the Vanderbilt player. Not sure why she is taking so long to pick a school?

Reaction Score
She would do well with a good coach but she should also want to get into a school soon because teams are already posting videos of their offseason workouts. If she is going to pick a school really late and miss workouts it may put her behind when it comes to team chemistry, learning new system.

She entered the portal quite a long time ago and wasn't some new entrant like the Vanderbilt player. Not sure why she is taking so long to pick a school?

Pick a school?? I think it depends on what offers she received. Maybe she hasn't received what she's looking for

Reaction Score
How broad a definition of “high profile” are we using? In descending order of high profileness (imo):

Zaay Green out of TAMU.

Awa Trasi from LSU, if she is still in the portal, has not announced a destination that I know of.

Neither has former MSU commit and Houston player Daphane White.
Unfortunately Daphane White may end up being one of those players that never realizes her potential. She had some amazing games in high school but could also disappear in other games.

Reaction Score

I agree. She actually would do good on a contending team or a good power 5 as well. Just not many left that has that need for her.

Zaay on the other hand. Needs to work out some personal issues. Always thought she would have been Tennessee's next star. And huge for A&M. Hopefully she gets one more shot elsewhere. I'd choose Baylor if I was her.

Reaction Score
so just to confirm, Briggs would not be able to play this year because she entered the portal after July 1st?

Reaction Score
so just to confirm, Briggs would not be able to play this year because she entered the portal after July 1st?

I say correct, but I'm not sure if a coaching change is one that will let her be able to play

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She is not automatically eligible for the upcoming season since she did enter the transfer portal by July 1. But, she can apply for a waiver to petition for immediate eligibility.

Reaction Score

She was literally in BR days ago. :D I saw her with Moon Ursin. I have a difficult time seeing Kim let her in if she wanted

Who is the last player to go to 4 or 5 schools?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Zaay Green struck me as a bad attitude person. Never liked her on court demeanor. I seem to recall a moment where she ran over a player and didn't even bother to check if she was ok.
But there was no doubt she was monster for TN. They woulda been pretty good had she stayed.

Reaction Score

Vandy’s roster gets even shorter, in multiple ways.

Either Shea didnt like her or she didn't like Shea .... I see things are sorting themselves out quickly in Nashville.

Reaction Score
My understanding of Vandy's roster with possible starters.
Pehadzic had a serious medical issue this spring so not sure if she'd be playing.

Gonna be a long season. Hope Shea can get some recruits fast.

NONAMEPOSHTCLASSHOMETOWN
#1Enna PehadzicG5'-9"GR-
#3Jordyn CambridgeG5'-9"SRNashville, TN
#15Brinae AlexanderF5'-10"SRMurfreesboro, TN
#5Yaubryon ChambersF6'-1"JRMurfreesboro, TN
#12Demi WashingtonG5'-10"JRWake Forest, NC
#22Brylee BartramG5'-8"JRTampa, FL
#33Kiara PearlG5'-8"JRLouisville, KY
#50Kaylon SmithF5'-10"JRWest Palm Beach, FL
#0Bella LaChanceG5'-6"SODavie, FL
FlournoyPG5'8FRGA
CheesmanF6'2FRTampa, FL