July non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

July non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
McCowan was a little bit further along but you cannot teach size like that. It’s a major advantage though once they polish her up enough. I will be interested to see how post players develop since J. Harris is gone.
My understanding is A Boutilier still is trying to gain weight and get stronger. Even as a freshman T McCowan was incredibly strong. I will also be interested to see how she develops without Coach Harris.

Reaction Score
If Nikki can sign Madison Booker I think our future will look much brighter, however, I have heard, my brother in law, that she really is leaning Ole Miss. That will be a disaster!
I think a lot depends on what Nikki does this year. Coach Yo has had more time to establish relationships and her culture. The program appears to be on the upswing. I will be pleasantly surprised if we get any big name recruits this year. It has been said on more than one message board that Booker wants to stay close to home, but who knows if that's true anymore? I probably would have bolted if I had been an athlete and had options.

Reaction Score
I heard from someone that Booker doesn’t prefer to leave the state of Mississippi but things can change depending how well the teams do and how other visits go. Like I could see Booker visiting other schools local to the region (Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, GA)

coach Yo seems to be striking while the iron is hot for Ole Miss on the trail. She will need to with S. Austin still there.

as for McCray, I see this as a pivotal year for her and the program. If she can turn them around, she could build from it. If a repeat of last year happens, I have a difficult time seeing her last longer and contend for top recruits moving forward. She basically would have dismantled everything Vic built

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I heard from someone that Booker doesn’t prefer to leave the state of Mississippi but things can change depending how well the teams do and how other visits go. Like I could see Booker visiting other schools local to the region (Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, GA)

coach Yo seems to be striking while the iron is hot for Ole Miss on the trail. She will need to with S. Austin still there.

as for McCray, I see this as a pivotal year for her and the program. If she can turn them around, she could build from it. If a repeat of last year happens, I have a difficult time seeing her last longer and contend for top recruits moving forward. She basically would have dismantled everything Vic built
Uhm..., this young lady cried when she received her UCONN offer and called Geno for advice before her USA basketball trials. No disrespected intended but the entire state of Mississippi could not possibly elevate her game to the level that Geno & UCONN can. Mississippi will always be her home, Storrs is where she will become a legend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I had said prior to the season that Coach McCray-Penson was going to have to show she could keep the program on at least a steady path and she would be able to get some of the elite recruits. Obviously that did not happen. However she has done much better than expected with off season transfers, assistant coaching moves, and her first high school class was better than decent. It is imperative she win this season and win at a high level. Part of that winning must include beating Ole Miss every time they play.

Reaction Score
Uhm..., this young lady cried when she received her UCONN offer and called Geno for advice before her USA basketball trials. No disrespected intended but the entire state of Mississippi could not possibly elevate her game to the level that Geno & UCONN can. Mississippi will always be her home, Storrs is where she will become a legend.
I said prefer. That doesn’t mean she isn’t leaving. Family is important to her but so is winning and better herself.

I have my doubts that Ole Miss and Miss St can give her what she ultimately wants but I get why the home factor is enticing.

Reaction Score
I had said prior to the season that Coach McCray-Penson was going to have to show she could keep the program on at least a steady path and she would be able to get some of the elite recruits. Obviously that did not happen. However she has done much better than expected with off season transfers, assistant coaching moves, and her first high school class was better than decent. It is imperative she win this season and win at a high level. Part of that winning must include beating Ole Miss every time they play.
Mil, is Madison kin to Devin? My brother in law is a WBB nut. He is a Southern Miss grad who has a very close Ole Miss friend and that is where he got his info. Hope they are wrong, I frankly would rather see Madison at UConn if she does not choose State.

Reaction Score
Mil, is Madison kin to Devin? My brother in law is a WBB nut. He is a Southern Miss grad who has a very close Ole Miss friend and that is where he got his info. Hope they are wrong, I frankly would rather see Madison at UConn if she does not choose State.
Not that I’m aware.

Reaction Score
I would also rather see her go to UConn if she doesn't go to State. For obvious reasons- lol. It would also be cool to have a Mississippi athlete play for UConn. Has that ever happened before? For college, it can be good to get out of your home state if you have a chance. It's good to see something different. Of course, many people don't have that opportunity or don't want to, but I don't begrudge any Mississippi kid for taking an opportunity elsewhere.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

If Notre Dame couldn't make much improvements (ok... maybe a little bit) adding Miles, Mabrey, and Westbeld - I highly doubt we'll be much better next year having added only one real SEC threat.... Anastasia Hayes. Jerkaila Jordan is probably just another Jacaira Allen..... averages 24.2 points per game at Florida Atlantic but won't do much here.

Reaction Score
If Notre Dame couldn't make much improvements (ok... maybe a little bit) adding Miles, Mabrey, and Westbeld - I highly doubt we'll be much better next year having added only one real SEC threat.... Anastasia Hayes. Jerkaila Jordan is probably just another Jacaira Allen..... averages 24.2 points per game at Florida Atlantic but won't do much here.
Don't forget to include Citron on that list for Notre Dame. She's an excellent player from what I've seen. She plays well with Miles thanks to their USAB experience together. This incoming 2021 class for ND has some good pieces.

Reaction Score
200.gif
And now, so has Miss St. Sheesh.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And now, so has Miss St. Sheesh.

This girl just finished the 6th grade and she's already 6'3"? Wow.

What are the chances the McCray-Penson is still the coach in six years?

Reaction Score
They’ll probably get JuJu also.
Thinking JuJu will be Stanford bound. An interview from when she was younger said her dream school is Stanford and they’ve been pursuing her heavily. Also, her coach is a Stanford alum.

Reaction Score
I saw that Juju was playing with Jada Williams in the last EYBL tourney. I’m thinking it was a preview of what’s to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom