Reaction Score
among the notables....

1) National Ice Cream Month and National Hot Dog Month
2) Fourth of July
3) National Fried Chicken Day (6th) :)
4) National French Fry Day (13th)
5) National Hot Dog Day (17th)
6) National Cheesecake Day (30th)

These are the one's marked on my calendar .... for a complete list July Food Holidays

i got some grief a few weeks ago for being slack on my duties.... so plenty of heads up this month

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
July is certainly one of my twelve favorite months, despite the 18th being the day that Petrach died in fourteen ninety something, and the day the Spanish Civil War began.

July will mark yet another year since I was born, yet I continue on my inexorable path of entropy. I woke up on the right side of the grass this morning, confident that Geno and CD are running things rather well. Yes, July is a wonderful month!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
And for the month of July, KFC has a new sandwich. Gonna have to abandon my usual chicken stop, Bo's, to try 1 of these badboys!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Has anyone read the label of ingredients of Cheetos? Yuck

tenor (2).gif

that would ruin everything.... :p

And for the month of July, KFC has a new sandwich. Gonna have to abandon my usual chicken stop, Bo's, to try 1 of these badboys!

Thanks for the reminder..... imma have to grab one of these..... not sure about the mayo would taste on that sandwich though.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

That reminds me very little of the time I was in Chicago... No, I wasn't there to visit
Orangutan, or to hear Fritz Reiner conduct the Chicago Symphony. The cause of the visit was far more prosaic. I found myself inexplicably in the logistics software trade, and there was a trade show on the Navy Pier. Never did quite understand the idea of a landlocked state having a Navy, but Paraguay does, so why not Illinois? But, I digress.

Each morning, myself and dozens of other equally bored business types spilled out of the Hyatt, and boarded a trackless trolley sort of conveyance that took us to the convention site. The driver/conductor was a college kid who regaled us with local history as we careened about the Loop at the pace of a geriatric snail.

"See that building over there?", he intoned into the microphone, pointing to one of the many grey, stolid six storey edifaces that lined our route. I yearned for coffee and a Danish. "That's where Velveeta™ was invented." I perked up my ears. Memories of childhood mac and cheese (or some cheese-like substance) inundated my yearning for caffeine.

He continued, "That was a Kraft laboratory and they were trying to invent a milk-based adhesive. One day a sample of an experiment spilled onto a lab table. A research scientist got some on his finger, tasted the glop, and Voilà! A culinary marvel!"

I have no idea if the story was true*, but it's a fun memory of a day in July, long away and far ago. :cool:

*According to Wikipedia, the story told by the driver is pure BS, just like most of what we read on this steam-powered Internet thingy.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Everything you ever wanted to know about Velveeta and some things you don't:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn't know mayo was a condiment on it. I thought it was a Cheetos drizzle.

I saw a review of it... a few pics. One tester said the mayo balances well with the cheese sauce. I will find out in a few days

And @triaddukefan have you heard? Chrispy Creme is starting home delivery.

33.gif
1) takes out the joy of going to a donut place is seeing all the options... and taking in the smells
2) For some reason... whether its Krispy Kreme, Donut World... or Daily Donuts.... its something about my demeanor or personality that makes the server toss in an extra donut or a few donut holes into the box... never fails :)

Reaction Score
I saw a review of it... a few pics. One tester said the mayo balances well with the cheese sauce. I will find out in a few days
I may have to do a special order, I am not a real fan of mayo on "breaded" chicken...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
July is certainly one of my twelve favorite months, despite the 18th being the day that Petrach died in fourteen ninety something, and the day the Spanish Civil War began.

July will mark yet another year since I was born, yet I continue on my inexorable path of entropy. I woke up on the right side of the grass this morning, confident that Geno and CD are running things rather well. Yes, July is a wonderful month!
According to Wikipedia, our sonneteer and the founder of humanism passed to his next incarnation in 1374. He was born on 20 July and thus barely missed completion of his final circumnavigation of the sun. Of course, since Copernicus had yet to born let alone publish, old Pete may not have seen it that way. And his Julian calendar may have been a bit off that mark too. But he sure knew some Cicero! BTW, I think old Franco jumped the gun (no pun intended), and actually kicked off his shindig on the evening of 17 July. Just to get to get things rolling after siesta time. No buenos noches from that fellow!

I did not think about the further correlation between the great humanist and the great fascist, but they were both named Francis.;)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Last year? I was picking something up for dinner and went to KFC as you had mentioned Fried Chicken Day. Unfortunately, a lot of other folks knew that too, they were out of chicken. Of course, that particular KFC, which I never particularly liked, is now out of business.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I would be remiss on this day if I didn't try out a brand new food truck I've heard great things about here in Austin, called Dirty South Kitchen:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well I survived National Fried Chicken day..... and Im certainly glad it only comes once a year... I definitely went a bit overboard .... lawd hammercy :oops:

Today is National Blueberry Muffin Day.... National Mojito Day @j66kicker I may indulge in National Pecan Pie Day tomorrow.... but Definitely the highlight of this week is National French Fry Day on Saturday the 13th :cool:

I would be remiss on this day if I didn't try out a brand new food truck I've heard great things about here in Austin, called Dirty South Kitchen:

View attachment 44579

Not quite sure what that stuff is in the middle
scratch.gif
But food trucks are a great idea

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Th

That's why they taste so good! I won't buy them anymore because they have gotten terribly expensive.

Reaction Score
Th

That's why they taste so good! I won't buy them anymore because they have gotten terribly expensive.
I have guilt when I eat Cheetos, but I do need a fix every couple months. It's impossible to 'sneak eat' a bag of Cheetos in the car unless you carry baby wipes and a bib. That's probably a good thing - I'm sure it's saved me about 5 lbs around the belly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom