July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Came across this game footage thanks to a Twitter connection. T'yana Todd and her BecomeOne squad against a program from Michigan called MBA.

As she has UConn listed in her five, I thought some may want to see how she's playing currently.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Cunningham stays out west and Del Rosario doesn’t work out, I wouldn’t hesitate to grab Toomey. She’s not as bulky but every bit as skilled as those two and a better shooter.
I think you grab Toomey no matter what. I see much more stretch 4 and 3 in her future than I do a true post player. Brady, Patterson, Edwards, Toomey would be a very versatile combination of forwards for UCONN from 2022 on.

Reaction Score
I think you grab Toomey no matter what. I see much more stretch 4 and 3 in her future than I do a true post player. Brady, Patterson, Edwards, Toomey would be a very versatile combination of forwards for UCONN from 2022 on.
Yes, I agree. I phrased it wrong, I should have said I’d take her as insurance against not getting either of the other two. I think the versatility of those four you list would negate the need for a 6-5 or so, possibly less mobile post. The high-low possibilities of those four would be ridiculous.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I continue to believe that UConn will sign a top guard in the 2022 Class to complement Ice & Ayanna. KiKi Rice has topped my list for awhile.
I agree, but I think the Stanford people feel she will lean towards them, with academics being an important factor.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I agree, but I think the Stanford people feel she will lean towards them, with academics being an important factor.
With the strong academic background of Rice and her parents that’s a logical place for her to end up. But Stanford fans believe that Rice has cooled to the thought of coming to Palo Alto, and is actually leaning toward Duke. I’ll go all in on Geno.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes, I agree. I phrased it wrong, I should have said I’d take her as insurance against not getting either of the other two. I think the versatility of those four you list would negate the need for a 6-5 or so, possibly less mobile post. The high-low possibilities of those four would be ridiculous.
How tall is Toomey?

Reaction Score
I bet she wants to play for Geno. I’m assuming of course. Is there UConn interest?
From what I've read she has a lot of personality, vocal on the court. Maybe a little like Dolson. She's from PA. and has offers from BE teams, Villanova and St. Johns but no top 10 teams that I've seen. Most likely a result of the lost 2020 summer with no evaluations. As for UConn interest, if Auriemma or Dailey sees her during this eval period, I'd have to believe there would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom