July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like this one..

1593740873723.png

Reaction Score
Sorry i'm not really on social platforms. Does anyone know why Skylar Diggins has so many followers?
1) she’s pretty 1a)she’s pretty lol —she has many male followers because guys like pretty girls who can play basketball. I don’t mean this in a negative way at all 2) she turned notre dame around and gained a lot of followers from that 3) lil wayne showed her a lot of support and showed up at a game in south bend I think and wore her jersey to a concert 4) I think she was signed to nike or adidas I’m not sure and they marketed and promoted her for new products. Many young girls wore that headband that ties up like the ones she wore in her time at ND 5) she’s signed to roc nation, which is a management company of jay-z’s

Reaction Score
The only players at any level I could find with more than Paige were:

Skylar Diggins: 1M
Hailey Van Lith: 619K
Candace Parker: 617K
Sabrina Ionescu: 519K

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Paige pass them up (maybe not Diggins) by the end of her UConn career.
Hailey Van Lith is a surprise.

Reaction Score
Any up dates on Rayah Marshall? I noticed she doesn’t have a social media presence, kind of surprising for a recruit now days. It was rumored that she might have had a possible offer from UConn at one point.

Reaction Score
I just wish Azzi would decide already. She’s been recruited by same schools since 8th grade. Just say you’re going to UConn already please.
The only thing more painful than not getting a commit is losing a previous signing. I feel the pain but suspect once Azzi makes up her mind, it will be for the right reasons based on adequate due diligence.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
If we measure the angles spanned by the different colleges, UConn is at 90 degrees (as well as being at the top and closest to her brain), all other schools 45 degrees.
Please calculate the "Hartley Units" of separation for each school emblem. I am convinced you are on the right track here. Geometric analysis was spot on! Maths never lie. ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I understand that concept. Perhaps I should rephrase it as units of separation " from her to them". Hope you feel better now. Thank you for the helpful hint. I want to make this very easy to understand. Maths are hard as we all know! :p

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I just wish Azzi would decide already. She’s been recruited by same schools since 8th grade. Just say you’re going to UConn already please.
She has until Spring of next year to decide. She will probably decide when she and her family are ready or, if she has already decided, she will announce when she and her family are ready.

Reaction Score
Guess who (I think) is sitting on the bench for Azzi’s team?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

I agree with him. She has the rare ability to control the pace of the game and make it go at the speed she wants. It obviously may not show immediately while she adjusts to the speed and level of play but by mid season I believe it will be evident.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Its a great acknowledgement but a bit surprising since the question said best athlete and not best player. Paige is very athletic but you think of best athletes as 'jump out of the gym players' who dominate 'because' of their athleticism Anyhow, you can never mention Paige enough. :D

Reaction Score

I think this is a lot of semantics but I'd say Paige has the best command of the athleticism she has rather than saying she is the best pure athlete. Again just being picky with the words.

Reaction Score
Actually
I think this is a lot of semantics but I'd say Paige has the best command of the athleticism she has rather than saying she is the best pure athlete. Again just being picky with the words.
Bueckers' athleticism is very high. She was easily the fastest player on a HS team filled with future D1 players and she can jump to the rim. Not the best but not bad. And although how fast you run and how high you jump are the most common athletic measures, so is how accurately you can shoot and pass. Bueckers also has incredible control of her body around the basket. I've never seen a HS or college player with the assortment of shots she can call on. And she MAKES the shots, something most hotshot ball handlers don't do.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

In this case I think athlete is used to mean any sporting or athletic participant, not measure athleticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom