OT: - July 2020 Is a Great Month (Food wise) | The Boneyard

OT: July 2020 Is a Great Month (Food wise)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Posted this last year....

among the notables....

1) National Ice Cream Month and National Hot Dog Month
2) Fourth of July
3) National Fried Chicken Day (6th) :)
4) National French Fry Day (13th)
5) National Hot Dog Day (17th)
6) National Cheesecake Day (30th)

These are the one's marked on my calendar .... for a complete list July Food Holidays

Reaction Score
So WHO declares “National” days? I only see one true day on the list. Cheese cake day!!!! Lol

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

among the notables....

2) Fourth of July

These are the one's marked on my calendar .... for a complete list July Food Holidays
Your avatar looks vaguely familiar. Is it someone I should remember? Did I see her on a bus perhaps?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So WHO declares “National” days? I only see one true day on the list. Cheese cake day!!!! Lol

I didn't time it right last year... I'm about to set a reminder for it on my phone....aint trying to miss out this year

Reaction Score

among the notables....

2) Fourth of July

Going to have a 4th of July cookout with some of the family tomorrow and I think that list will fit in just fine. By the way, have you done something with your hair?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow... is NATIONAL FRIED CHICKEN DAY

@RockyMTblue2 go get you some extra crispy KFC.... I'll head down to some gas station somewhere to get my chicken.

Even better if paired with a sparkling wine

Batter Up! Fried Chicken & Sparkling Wine Pairings Knock it out of the Park

pantry-fried-chicken.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
All that big talk, and I ended up eating a Salad for dinner Head bang

Thanks for the reminder triad. So good and so bad! If you are going to eat it, go big or go home with the Extra Crispy!

I dont eat KFC much, but next time I go... I'll get a piece of Extra Crispy.... i rarely if ever get it... the original is the one I prefer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Today is National French Fry Day..... .. sadly I don't think I'll be able to indulge this year... but if any of yall are able to.. enjoy... and dip them in some mayo, ranch, tartar, garlic aoli, or thousand island dressing for me :)

dont-order-more-than-the-little-fries-at-five-guys-1562704133.jpg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Today is National French Fry Day..... .. sadly I don't think I'll be able to indulge this year... but if any of yall are able to.. enjoy... and dip them in some mayo, ranch, tartar, garlic aoli, or thousand island dressing for me :)

View attachment 56461
My wife made fries and burgers for lunch. And we had pound cake for dessert. All good. Not sure why @triaddukefan cannot enjoy the spud delight this year, but I thought of him while I overindulged!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My wife made fries and burgers for lunch. And we had pound cake for dessert. All good. Not sure why @triaddukefan cannot enjoy the spud delight this year, but I thought of him while I overindulged!

Well my plan was to go get a salad for dinner.... but....... ended up at Arby's... and.... they have introduced crinkle fries to the menu.... and... well I just had to try them out :oops:

Reaction Score

View attachment 56461
Is there anything better than home-made french fries? I don't care what they are served with or what you put on them. They are further proof that God loves us. My Grandmother, God rest her, was from Alabama and made fried chicken every Sunday. She absolutely ruined my life because I have never, I repeat, never, found a match for the way she made it and as a result have never truly been able to enjoy it to it's fullest since.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Today is National Hot Dog Day! Chow down. :D I got a 16 pack of all beef weenies ready for the grill.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Today is National Hot Dog Day! Chow down. :D I got a 16 pack of all beef weenies ready for the grill.

Thanks ... It had slipped my mind.... even though I told someone about it a few days ago :confused:
Think I will pick up 4 all the way (mustard, chili, slaw.. with extra onions) and cheese sauce :eek:

I have two nathan hot dogs left in the refrigerator .. been cooking them using a cast iron skillet. I would cook them for lunch, but food always usually tastes better when someone else cooks it. :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
July is going out with a bang. Today is National Chicken Wing Day... as well as National Lasagna Day. Tomorrow is National Cheesecake Day. Imma pass on the Lasagna... but I think there is a 20 piece box of Publix Chicken Wings calling my name. :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
July is going out with a bang. Today is National Chicken Wing Day... as well as National Lasagna Day. Tomorrow is National Cheesecake Day. Imma pass on the Lasagna... but I think there is a 20 piece box of Publix Chicken Wings calling my name. :cool:

I would increase security and surveillance on the NBA Bubble. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would increase security and surveillance on the NBA Bubble. :rolleyes:
:p

Well one NBA player had permission to leave the bubble to attend a family funeral.. was later spotted at a Atlanta Gentleman's Club (Magic City) getting Chicken Wings.

Ed-oVYyVAAA0d7F

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
:p

Well one NBA player had permission to leave the bubble to attend a family funeral.. was later spotted at a Atlanta Gentleman's Club (Magic City) getting Chicken Wings.

Ed-oVYyVAAA0d7F
Ding Ding Ding Ding. :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom