OT: - July 20, 2022 Stefanie Dolson talks Olympic experience, being back home | The Boneyard

OT: July 20, 2022 Stefanie Dolson talks Olympic experience, being back home

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

"Stefanie Dolson’s summer of 2021 couldn’t have gone any better. The former UConn women’s basketball center earned gold in her Olympic debut in Tokyo and three months later won her first WNBA Championship with the Chicago Sky."

"Dolson also became just the second Husky all-time to win both an Olympic Gold medal and a WNBA title in the same year (the other is Sue Bird, 2004)."

"Dolson (caught) off guard was the difference in the ball that was used. In Tokyo, 3x3 games were played with a ball that was the same weight as what men use in the NBA, but the same smaller size that’s used in the WNBA." Returning to WNBA ball: "... biggest transition coming back when I’d shoot a regular ball, I bricked it a few times because it was so light.”

"Since there’s no coach involved in 3x3 basketball, Dolson said the experience also improved her leadership skills on the court."

"Since she’s back home, Dolson said it’s nice knowing she can always see family and friends in the stands during games." "“It’s like I’m back at UConn, they come all the time."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom