July 1, 2015 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

July 1, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know what sticks out to me there? Were the only state flagship school in the bunch.

Like you said, that is our reality, I don't know that league is better than the MWC. We just have to wait and see. July 1, 2015 is along ways away.
uconn's budget is 50% larger than any other school.
this is not a win in the long run for uconn.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That league could hold the BET at Carnesca Arena. Just have to ask nicely.

Reaction Score
Any reason why the tournament can't be rotated between Hartford Philly Cinci and Memphis?

Reaction Score
Any reason why the tournament can't be rotated between Hartford Philly Cinci and Memphis?

If there is a rotation Orlando / Tampa will be part of it. If we can't have MSG just keep it in sunny Florida.

And I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks this conference can't be better then the C7 conference. Memphis' recruiting class currently ranks 3rd. Houston's history can compete with any team in the C7. Providence / New Jersey vs Orlando / Tampa? Butler is one coaching change away from going back to being just Butler and Buzz Williams is not long for Marquette.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Carl buddy, glad you are still alive.

Now, that is one giant steaming pile of a league. I mean atrocious. We'll have seriously regressed from our D1 debut if that's the league we are in.

(Queue up the folks who will now point out that I need to face reality)

And while I know we have no alternative today... man that's a steaming pile of a league.

Reaction Score
I prefer Hartford, but then again I'm biased. HFD what do you think? You usually come up with a master plan for things like this
If there is a rotation Orlando / Tampa will be part of it. If we can't have MSG just keep it in sunny Florida.

And I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks this conference can't be better then the C7 conference. Memphis' recruiting class currently ranks 3rd. Houston's history can compete with any team in the C7. Providence / New Jersey vs Orlando / Tampa? Butler is one coaching change away from going back to being just Butler and Buzz Williams is not long for Marquette.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I prefer Hartford, but then again I'm biased. HFD what do you think? You usually come up with a master plan for things like this

i believe if im uconn i support the tney being played in what we view as the 2 cities that we need to build as school fanbases the most for our bball/fball to survive with. based on the fact that usf/ucf are already for sure building/growing a lot. i look to memphis and narlens. maybe narlens long term if the party catches on.

doesn't matter tho. by 2017 we will hopefully be in the b10 and if not the acc by then so w/e...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If he goes 6-6 and comes back for year 4, I think we ought to burn the AD's office to the ground, then sow salt in it so nothing will ever grow there again! Time for screwing around is over. And you're just wrong about basketball. Wish you weren't but you are. Unless you are willing, and you can convince the athletic department, to play lots of road games, the out of conference schedule will be better than it currently is, but won't be comparable to the Big East schedule. Look for things like replacing Maryland-Eastern Shore with LaSalle and New Hampshire with St Bonnies more than adding Indiana and Michigan. An upgrade yes, but not that big a one.

I'm not sure why you think I'm wrong about basketball, because I never said it would be comparable to the Big East schedule. NOTHING is comparable to the Big East schedule! What other f#$king basketball league has you play against 6 different ranked opponents, some of them twice, and perhaps even three times during the tourney?!?

No, it won't be a Big East schedule. You will never see one like that again unless UConn and Cincy join the ACC along with the rest of the Big East. But that doesn't mean that it won't be a good schedule:

1) Who do you think that GTown, St. John's, and Marquette are going to play against after they split? Do you think that they will be happy playing UM-ES, Manhattan, and UW-Green Bay respectively? Mark my words; those teams will be playing us after they leave.

2) We may take on a few more road games in order to continue tough schedules, but you can bet that we will continue to play at least one PAC12 team, at least one or two Big12 teams, at least one or two B1G teams, and likely three or so ACC teams in addition to playing teams that are in the C-7. And they will agree to those games because contrary to popular belief, we are STILL UCONN!

3) We may even agree to some NYC neutral site games involving big named teams, in order to mutually increase influence in the Big Apple.

Unlike the football situation, the basketball situation still has leverage. We are still a giant brand name in college bball, and people still want to play us. Will we play a ranked team every week? No. But that's not the point. We'll be able to pick up 22+ wins every year with an RPI north of 60 without a problem, which means we are dancing every year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom