Juiced for West Virginia | The Boneyard

Juiced for West Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Driving down to Morgantown on Friday.

I don't know about anybody else, but I am just completely juiced for this game. Never mind anything else.

Season starts here, right now.

That team remembers us, and like a test we had earlier this year, when a Vandy team had us circled on the calendar, I guarantee WVU players have been waiting for this one for a shot at payback.

They'll have a chip on their shoulder about this game. That's ok.

We'll bring a big old giant granite boulder cut out of the CT hills down on our shoulders about this game.

Size matters. Don't let anyone fool you. The team that plays with the biggest brain, the biggest heart and the biggest cajones wins. I'm looking forward to seeing all three phases on display.

I'm looking forward to seeing these Huskies bring it, and for the season to really begin.

It will be emotional, for many. Very. This is the first time we're back in morgantown since a very emotional saturday 2 years ago.

Need to channel it and use it, all that emotion. Use the force. I'll be in the stands waving my pom poms in the wind, and will look up to the sky for a moment before the game..

and then it's game time. :)

Reaction Score
cliches aside:

1. We've only beaten WVU once, and that was at home and it took 7 WVU fumbles to help us to an OT win.

2. Having said that, they beat us like a drum as we made the move to the Big East -- they were just better.

3. Having said that, recent games have been much different. In '08, we had them in the 2d half at the Rent, but a beautifully thrown Cody Endres bomb was flat out dropped by (I believe) Kash Moore, which, instead of putting us up 20-7, was quickly followed by a WVU explosion and a lose that looked much worse than it was. In '09, I sat in M'Town in the aftermath of the Jazz Howard tragedy and watched us fight through a number of things going wrong early, taking a late lead on a remarkable catch and run by Marcus Easley (and 40 yard sprints by Brad Kanuch and Kash Moore to throw blocks to spring him), only be beaten by an overaggressive blitz and a long Noel Devine run in the last 3 minutes. Last year, having been inching closer we got it done and got our first win over them.

4. This will be a very, very hard game to win. Frankly, when the schedule came out this was the one game that, by far, was going to be our toughest test. Are we about the same team as last year, but just unlucky to date? Are we a much worse team than we're used to that's going to not get a whiff of a scent of a bowl?

Win or lose, ask me those questions Saturday at about 3:30.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Driving down to Morgantown on Friday.

I don't know about anybody else, but I am just completely juiced for this game. Never mind anything else.
Season starts here, right now.
That team remembers us, and like a test we had earlier this year, when a Vandy team had us circled on the calendar, I guarantee WVU players have been waiting for this one for a shot at payback.
They'll have a chip on their shoulder about this game. That's ok.
We'll bring a big old giant granite boulder cut out of the CT hills down on our shoulders about this game.
Size matters. Don't let anyone fool you. The team that plays with the biggest brain, the biggest heart and the biggest cajones wins. I'm looking forward to seeing all three phases on display.
I'm looking forward to seeing these Huskies bring it, and for the season to really begin.
It will be emotional, for many. Very. This is the first time we're back in morgantown since a very emotional saturday 2 years ago.
Need to channel it and use it, all that emotion. Use the force. I'll be in the stands waving my pom poms in the wind, and will look up to the sky for a moment before the game..
and then it's game time. :)
RutgersAl is envious ;) UCONNCarl would be a good name. justsayin.

Reaction Score
BL, on #3 - I am happy Bill Stewart is gone, I am sure UConn fans wished he stayed around forever.

Reaction Score
BL, on #3 - I am happy Bill Stewart is gone, I am sure UConn fans wished he stayed around forever.

I bet you are. My hope for this year is that you'd have two head coaches who hated each other and the team wouldn't be able to play throught it. Unfortunately, Steward couldn't stay aboard the sinking ship until it left port.

In any event, at least I won't miss the first TD this year because I'm still crying from the pregame.

Reaction Score
On a related note, I'm headed down with a few others in the family, usually I manage to have all the scouting taken care of for where we will be tailgating etc, but been on 70+ hour weeks for most of the past month. You had a chance to scope out the area previously, any suggestions on good lots for driving in and setting up? (staying about 45 min outside Morgantown friday night)

Reaction Score
Carl, I rarely see eye to eye with you on some issues, but you're one heckuva UConn fan.

And an optimistic SOB to boot.

Have fun out in Morgantown.

Reaction Score
Heading down in an RV Friday morning with 11 other guys....staying at the travellodge. Any other Boneyarders making the trip?

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
So I am going to be in Rhode Island this weekend and I know they dont get SNY down there does anyone now on what channel Iwill be able to watch the game on?

Reaction Score
When I read this thread title, I briefly thought that there was a steroid scandal...

Oh, Mark Mcgwire/Barry Bonds, you've ruined me.

Reaction Score
There's a place off of I-68 about 30 miles from Morgantown on the WV/Maryland border called Deep River Lake. Big lake in the middle of hills, lots of little coves and stuff, very much like Winnepausaukee, but not quite as big, maybe the same size, not sure. It's technically in Maryland I think, but it's where we're staying, and been before. Rented a 4 BR house Fri-Sun real cheap, not too expesive this time of year.

Anybody reading around here that regularly makes trips with family, look into it. We're going to get some fishing in on Friday and Saturday around the game and make the 8 hr drive back for sunday evening.

edit - it's called Deep Creek Lake, not Deep River lake, in Garrett County MD. whoops. anywhere 30-50 miles from morgantown depending on where you stay on the lake, we'll be right off of 219 at the north end, closest to morgantown. Really nice area to stay, and between summer / winter seasons not too expensive to get a really nice place on the lake and get a lot of people together.

Reaction Score
Rented an RV and we are heading down Friday. We are going to try and park in Green Lot.

U

UConn9604

Rented an RV and we are heading down Friday. We are going to try and park in Green Lot.

Quick question -- did you rent the RV from around here (viz., Hartford)? If so, where? I've thought about doing that for some drive-able games (Syracuse, Rutgers, WVU). Thanks.

Reaction Score
For Syracuse and Rutgers, just drive your car, IMO. Bring the RV to NC State next year.

Reaction Score
Quick question -- did you rent the RV from around here (viz., Hartford)? If so, where? I've thought about doing that for some drive-able games (Syracuse, Rutgers, WVU). Thanks.
Yes, I used CruiseAmerica.com. They have 3 locations in CT (Bloomfied, New Haven and Danbury).

Reaction Score
Carl its Deep Creek Lake, The drive on I-68 is very nice enjoy

Reaction Score
Looks like some kind of gypsy moth infestation all over the forests as soon as we crossed into Maryland. I remember this in CT when I was a kid.

Reaction Score
Two years ago, I made the drive to M'Town from DC through Western Maryland. Surprisingly beautiful countryside.

Reaction Score
My friends and I drove down and are staying at the Hotel Morgantown. Should be a good time!

Reaction Score
I-68 is a nice drive, a lot like i-84 to scranton, a few more ups and downs and turns than 84 though, must get hairy on that highway in the winter with snow and ice - we did most of the drive in the dark. It's shaping up to be a beautiful and unexpectedly warm weekend. Going to hit the sack early after driving out in the middle of the night, fishing is great. Got a nice northern pike and rainbow trout to grill up later already.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Noon kickoff. First early game of the season, I hope all the guys hit the hay early and rested and are out lathered up and ready to crack heads bright and early. Can't wait to the afternoon to get ready to play this one, it'll be over by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom