Juhász impressing Geno Auriemma since arriving from Ohio State: 'She's gonna play' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Juhász impressing Geno Auriemma since arriving from Ohio State: 'She's gonna play'

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I largely agree with @MilfordHusky. Having said that, I believe (IMHO) that one reason Azura left was because Geno was pushing her to play much more in the post (where we desperately needed her), and Azura saw herself as a wing.

In watching Dorka's highlights, Geno will have NO PROBLEM getting her to bang in the post, with the added benefit of a good outside shot. Azura was dreadful from 3-point range at UCONN (17.6%), but she did average 14 and 7 in yer 1 year at UCONN, which is very solid.

Azura may end up with the better pro career, but I am still betting Dorka has a better UCONN career. Mostly because I think Dorka stays 2 years, and I would not be surprised to see her start next season after Olivia leaves!
That's they way I saw it too. Stevens was a wing at Duke. Elizabeth Williams was the starting post at that time for Duke. Azura never quite warmed up to the idea of playing on the block for Geno. :( We really could have used her the next season. My understanding (I could be wrong) was that she agreed to play for two years if UConn would allow her to transfer in.

Fast forward........Have you noticed how well she's adjusted to playing in the WNBA?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
That's they way I saw it too. Stevens was a wing at Duke. Elizabeth Williams was the starting post at that time for Duke. Azura never quite warmed up to the idea of playing on the block for Geno. :( We really could have used her the next season. My understanding (I could be wrong) was that she agreed to play for two years if UConn would allow her to transfer in.

Fast forward........Have you noticed how well she's adjusted to playing in the WNBA?
I have noticed that. I have also noticed that in Chicago she is playing center, not wing, and only a minority of her shots in the WNBA semifinals and finals were jump shots. I wish she had played that way for UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I think if she made more that 15% of her 3's, Geno would have been more receptive to a wing role. I think Azure's decision was simple opportunity to get her professional clock going.

Reaction Score
As I said as soon as her transfer was announced, this is a HUGE get for UConn. She is really good. And tough. And finishes at the rim (which as we all know, has been lacking).
Could she possibly replace ONO as the starter later in the season? If the defense and rebounding are equal, consistent scoring could be the difference?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom