JUCO National Signing Day ~ Top 100 JUCO | The Boneyard

JUCO National Signing Day ~ Top 100 JUCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dec. 17 — JUCO National Signing Day
The following Wednesday after the dead period is the National Signing Day for all JUCO recruits planning on transferring to a FBS school. Although there’s only one JUCO National Signing Day, JUCO recruits have until Jan. 15, 2015, to officially sign.

>>It is junior college signing day eve and with that in mind here is the list of the top JuCo prospects in the nation. SCOUT has given five prospects five-stars in the Class of 2015 while assigning the next 25 four-stars. The final 70 on the list have all been given a three-star grading.<<

http://ow.ly/G2Vol

Reaction Score
Dec. 17 — JUCO National Signing Day
The following Wednesday after the dead period is the National Signing Day for all JUCO recruits planning on transferring to a FBS school. Although there’s only one JUCO National Signing Day, JUCO recruits have until Jan. 15, 2015, to officially sign.

>>It is junior college signing day eve and with that in mind here is the list of the top JuCo prospects in the nation. SCOUT has given five prospects five-stars in the Class of 2015 while assigning the next 25 four-stars. The final 70 on the list have all been given a three-star grading.<<

http://ow.ly/G2Vol
Think we could shock folks and pull one or two of these kids in for the Spring? In a perfect world, I'd hope so... could use some immediate help on the OL, DE and at DB (my opinion)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I certainly hope Diaco is looking at these kids. While I appreciate his plan to build kids up, it certainly wouldn't hurt to buy them some time, and to win a few games.

Reaction Score
I'd take a juco qb for sure. Without adequate play at that position we will continue to suck. We have seen what Boyle is, can't believe Davis is an immediate answer, and we know next to nothing about Sheriffs. Would be nice to add someone with more than a handful of collegiate snaps to the mix.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'd take a juco qb for sure. Without adequate play at that position we will continue to suck. We have seen what Boyle is, can't believe Davis is an immediate answer, and we know next to nothing about Sheriffs. Would be nice to add someone with more than a handful of collegiate snaps to the mix.

there are not many - there is a 3 * who committed to Missouri, was going to transfer to BYU and is now at a JC?

Reaction Score

Too bad we have no experience with a juco qb...oh wait...the guy who has been the most vilified on the boneyayard...Chandler Whitmer, was a junco transfer.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Too bad we have no experience with a juco qb...oh wait...the guy who has been the most vilified on the boneyayard...Chandler Whitmer, was a junco transfer.
BING!

Reaction Score
Keyword in your post: "junco" but I don't put that all on Whitmer... I just don't think PP had a clue as to what he needed to do at that position when he got here and saw the cupboard so bare.... IMO, he brought in Whitmer out of desperation. Whitmer might've fit in a better system elsewhere than what he was thrown into up here... although his TD/INT ratio was never to my liking even coming out of the JUCO ranks.. add on top of that we go thru an OC change when Wiest came in then a a complete overall with the coaching change during his 3 years here... tough situation for any QB...

Diaco appears to be righting the ship, so he should know we'll need more help at that spot.. Somebody that can come in compete, competently and competitively, giving our chance to put the best guy possible that can handle the QB duties on the field in a real game... At this stage, that alone is why we need to bring the BPA, which at this point is probably a JUCO...

Reaction Score
So what? So was Lorenzen who's the best we've had post Orlovsky, press injury. What exactly is your point? We need numbers at the position, and preferably someone who can come in and push for the starting spot even if he doesnt outright win the job.

Reaction Score
BING was also a 4* out of Georgia and recruited to Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
So what? So was Lorenzen who's the best we've had post Orlovsky, press injury. What exactly is your point? We need numbers at the position, and preferably someone who can come in and push for the starting spot even if he doesnt outright win the job.
I wanted to reply to the "so what" question but I am currently unable to as you have ruined my day...and did so by likely being right. Tyler might be our best qb since Dan O, and that speaks volumes of our history at qb.

Reaction Score
I wanted to reply to the "so what" question but I am currently unable to as you have ruined my day...and did so by likely being right. Tyler might be our best qb since Dan O, and that speaks volumes of our history at qb.
Hoping your right...

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Diaco's ego tells him he has all the time in the world to build the program his way, from the ground floor up. A coach like that isn't interested in Juco kids so I'm guessing we won't see any instant help. Maybe, just maybe he'll accept a Grad transfer, but a juco kid is beneath him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Diaco's ego tells him he has all the time in the world to build the program his way, from the ground floor up. A coach like that isn't interested in Juco kids so I'm guessing we won't see any instant help. Maybe, just maybe he'll accept a Grad transfer, but a juco kid is beneath him.

Sometimes I wonder who has the bigger ego, Diaco or the online posters who trash him.

Reaction Score
Tyler Lorenzen was a JUCO as well and he had a pretty decent career at UConn.
By the end he could not make a 4yd pass. Luckily he could run.

He was good at handing off to Donald Brown otherwise he was, well, .......

Reaction Score
By the end he could not make a 4yd pass.
As I recall, Lorenzen's injuries may not have helped. Was it just ribs, only his passing shoulder, both ...? Regardless, it contributed to more hand offs and fewer pass attempts.

Reaction Score
By the end he could not make a 4yd pass.
As I recall, Lorenzen's injuries may not have helped. Was it just ribs, only his passing shoulder, both ...? Regardless, it contributed to more hand offs and fewer pass attempts.

Reaction Score
It was his thumb on his left/throwing hand. Kid wasn't a pretty thrower to start but that injury did him in.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UCONN is not going to sign a JUCO, period. That is not the UCONN way. I know some of you disagree, but this is the UCONN way. Edsall signed one JUCO as did FHCPP. I don't see HCBD doing that at this time.

Reaction Score
It was his thumb on his left/throwing hand. Kid wasn't a pretty thrower to start but that injury did him in.
Thanks, and true. Sadly, injury-free Lorenzen was more accurate than most post-Orlovsky UCONN QBs.

Reaction Score
UCONN is not going to sign a JUCO, period. That is not the UCONN way. I know some of you disagree, but this is the UCONN way. Edsall signed one JUCO as did FHCPP. I don't see HCBD doing that at this time.
Actually PP signed 2 JUCO's Whitmer and Shortell both out of Butler CC.

Reaction Score
Even Notre Dame is taking a juco this year

OL Austin Smith of American River College (CA) has signed with #UND Football. Will be enrolled spring semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom