JStew practice highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JStew practice highlights

Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about Stewart but what I saw was Ball giving him the lane way to easy. Ball should have been and is quick enough to beat Stewart to a spot on that drive to the basket instead he stayed on his hip and get taken to the basket.

It was very poor defense. I know it’s a scrimmage and practice but Ball has to stay in front of him in that situation. He is smaller and quicker. Stewart clearly has nba talent. Probably would like to see him 10 lbs lighter but he looks like a top flight player.

Another thing I noticed was a lack of rim protection. Most of those drives would have been sent back to sender if DC was still patrolling the paint.

I am being hyper critical on purpose this team is very talented so the details will be where we separate ourselves from the pack in the BE.

The social media team is posting a hype video for JStew…do you think they are going to show plays where there was great rim protection and guys sealing off driving lanes, resulting in no highlight?

It’s July 10th…relax and enjoy the hype videos. Come regular season, the defense will be there.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The social media team is posting a hype video for JStew…do you think they are going to show plays where there was great rim protection and guys sealing off driving lanes, resulting in no highlight?

It’s July 10th…relax and enjoy the hype videos. Come regular season, the defense will be there.

I would like to see a video of free throw shooting. Gotta be locked in.

Reaction Score
Stewart’s size and strength that allow him to finish at the rim… that’s what I’m most excited about. The kid can seriously absorb contact while staying in rhythm.

Reaction Score
This is the first video like this to my knowledge, and it's all Jaylin. You can read a lot into that. Hurley quoted as betting big on developing his young players, Jaylin stepping up as a highly skilled and versatile go-to scorer/player on this season's team, with the defensive chops to start and play big minutes. As a wing, athletic and tough, always willing to mix it up inside, scoring and getting rebounds. I'm sure he'll play the 4 too, just like last year.

Reaction Score
You know what I liked about that clip? Everything but…..the pump fake was just great.
kid looks like a bigger Ray Allen out there. I would just play him 30 minutes a game and let him develop into a superstar, and if his fg % is good how do we not?
He has all the tools and if his defense is good he has to have that PT.

Reaction Score
I think the best thing is that there is still 3 or 4 kids that can blossom in year 2, 3 or even 4. I love Ross's game along with Ball and Stewart's game. I can see all three of them developing into big time prospects. Last year's roster was absolutely stacked as we all know, so other than due to Castle's injury there really wasn't much playing time for most of these kids to develop. I think we as a fan base needs to show some patience especially early on in the schedule for these kids to get their confidence and really hone their skills.

Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about Stewart but what I saw was Ball giving him the lane way to easy. Ball should have been and is quick enough to beat Stewart to a spot on that drive to the basket instead he stayed on his hip and get taken to the basket.

It was very poor defense. I know it’s a scrimmage and practice but Ball has to stay in front of him in that situation. He is smaller and quicker. Stewart clearly has nba talent. Probably would like to see him 10 lbs lighter but he looks like a top flight player.

Another thing I noticed was a lack of rim protection. Most of those drives would have been sent back to sender if DC was still patrolling the paint.

I am being hyper critical on purpose this team is very talented so the details will be where we separate ourselves from the pack in the BE.
Or maybe JStew is pretty good and getting better. What I’ve seen from highlights is Jaylin hasn’t missed a shot all summer :)

Reaction Score
This is the first video like this to my knowledge, and it's all Jaylin. You can read a lot into that. Hurley quoted as betting big on developing his young players, Jaylin stepping up as a highly skilled and versatile go-to scorer/player on this season's team, with the defensive chops to start and play big minutes. As a wing, athletic and tough, always willing to mix it up inside, scoring and getting rebounds. I'm sure he'll play the 4 too, just like last year.
I would hope it means they’re going to do videos like this for each of the players and Jaylin just happened to be first.

Reaction Score

The DCs of the world are not falling off trees. You can only play who’s in front of you.

To Solos defense, Jaylen has significant size on him. That said, the one dribble drive left him knob kneed and staring. Seems to be a theme with Solo. For a kid with amazing physical traits the upstairs hasn’t caught up yet, as seems aloof. Hopefully he grows out of it.

One thing with Stewart, could see an opportunity to put a little more muscle on. He has the frame for it. Could see his post game improving with a little more pack on his frame.

Reaction Score

I really thought the JStew highlight package would have featured at least one of his shots getting punched into the bleachers.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not saying he’s going to be Caron Butler, but that’s my best comp for J Stew play style wise.

Feel like with the more talented guys on the team (Solo and Stew) there may be a little more one on one attacking and playmaking on offense this year.

Reaction Score
The DCs of the world are not falling off trees. You can only play who’s in front of you.

To Solos defense, Jaylen has significant size on him. That said, the one dribble drive left him knob kneed and staring. Seems to be a theme with Solo. For a kid with amazing physical traits the upstairs hasn’t caught up yet, as seems aloof. Hopefully he grows out of it.

One thing with Stewart, could see an opportunity to put a little more muscle on. He has the frame for it. Could see his post game improving with a little more pack on his frame.
my guess is he's having a better camp than whatever conclusions BYers can come to from a 45 second hype video for someone else

Reaction Score
Last year our guard rotation was overwhelming, 2 years ago our center rotation was overwhelming. This year our wing rotation will be overwhelming.

Big on Stewart , I believed in a world with no AK or Liam , we would be fine with Stewart.

Reaction Score

He is my breakout player of the Year. He just has too much talent not to have a great year if he gets the minutes. I wonder if we will see a lineup with him, McNeely and Karaban in together. Just too much talent not to have them all getting a lot of minutes.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of Jeremy Lamb a little bit.
How? I didn't see too many tear droppers there. I think J-Stew has a better all around offensive game especially if he get his outside shot falling.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I think the best thing is that there is still 3 or 4 kids that can blossom in year 2, 3 or even 4. I love Ross's game along with Ball and Stewart's game. I can see all three of them developing into big time prospects. Last year's roster was absolutely stacked as we all know, so other than due to Castle's injury there really wasn't much playing time for most of these kids to develop. I think we as a fan base needs to show some patience especially early on in the schedule for these kids to get their confidence and really hone their skills.

Hurley has done a great job not becoming a one-and-done coach. I really hope this continues.

Reaction Score
Who’s more suited to play the 2, stew or Liam? Some People question stews ball handling but I don’t and As you said he has a deep bag off the dribble.
I think if someone plays the 2 with the 3 wings it would be Stew. I think he is the most athletic with the best handle out of the 3 and you see him playing against Ball a lot in those videos.

Reaction Score
I noticed Liam spinning like a top on defense a few times, waving his arms like an albatross as a shot or pass had already been launched, almost like he is a freshman

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Yup pretty clueless on my part. It was a commercial and I had no idea until seeing the reaction to my post. Yes my Ralphie drink your ovaltine moment. The laughs were justified. And certainly could not be overlooked by a few of my true Boneyard brothers (sarcasm)……but Solo still needs to learn how to play defense. There were a few other plays giving up baseline and several other positional errors. Other that JStews highlights what stood out on the tape was how bad Solos defense looked.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How? I didn't see too many tear droppers there. I think J-Stew has a better all around offensive game especially if he get his outside shot falling.
This feels disrespectful to Lamb, who was a much scorer as a freshman, and scored his way into the lottery as a sophomore. Lamb was a fantastic scorer.

Reaction Score
This feels disrespectful to Lamb, who was a much scorer as a freshman, and scored his way into the lottery as a sophomore. Lamb was a fantastic scorer.
I just don't see a similar game. J Stewart is more physical and bigger and can play more inside than Lamb. Lamb was a better shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom