Jr Joseph | The Boneyard

Jr Joseph

Reaction Score
No mention of him missing the first half next game. Does this impact the outlook for Cinci?

Also. if you talk about the other team not having respect for you, you should not be getting called for targeting. That was not a really bright thing for him to do especially at that point in the game.

Reaction Score
I wanna see a replay on that one, at the game they wouldn't show it.

Reaction Score
I wanna see a replay on that one, at the game they wouldn't show it.
It was pretty clear. Lowered his head a bit and drilled the BC QB just below the ear hole on the helmet. And it was a late hit.

Reaction Score
It was pretty clear. Lowered his head a bit and drilled the BC QB just below the ear hole on the helmet. And it was a late hit.

Wow just dumb especially for a sr.

Reaction Score
His head was down and he led with the crown of his helmet but I don't think he contacted the head or helmet of the QB. But just leading with the crown is considered targeting.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller article:

>>Joseph, who finished with six tackles, was ejected for targeting in the third quarter meaning he will miss the first half of his final game at UConn. It will prevent him from becoming the first defensive player during UConn’s time playing at the FBS level to start 40 straight games.<<

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller article:

>>Joseph, who finished with six tackles, was ejected for targeting in the third quarter meaning he will miss the first half of his final game at UConn. It will prevent him from becoming the first defensive player during UConn’s time playing at the FBS level to start 40 straight games.<<[/QUOTE

I still think he turned his head when tackling him. He is one of the only people playing and giving a 100%

Reaction Score
Was still a late hit, it was high, looked like contact to me (and if Pindell was hit like that ou would probably see it as contact too) and was totally unnecessary. Play did not give BC a first down. The penalty did.

Reaction Score
And there were numerous opportunities earlier in the game, when it was still up in the air, for linebackers to actually crush ball carriers, but . . . . .

Reaction Score
The replay looked like he came in high shoulder to shoulder given how BC's QB was running and I think made it look worse. I didn't see any head snap like it was direct contact and TV didn't give a good angle to see if it was actually helmet to helmet.. but it was definitely a late hit regardless and a stupid thing to do at that point of the game on his part.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If Edsall saw him flip the bird to the BC fans behind the Sox dugout jawing at him as we went off he’ll sit the second half too

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
If Edsall saw him flip the bird to the BC fans behind the Sox dugout jawing at him as we went off he’ll sit the second half too

Ah, so that’s what happened. I saw the BC fans laughing as JJ descended the dugout steps. I missed what precipitated their laughter, but figured they were jawing and got to him. Not JJ’s finest moment.

Reaction Score
Ah, so that’s what happened. I saw the BC fans laughing as JJ descended the dugout steps. I missed what precipitated their laughter, but figured they were jawing and got to him. Not JJ’s finest moment.

Yes but I got JJ's back, and would have probably done the same, if I were taller, stronger, faster, and younger.

Reaction Score
It was a late hit, no targeting, hit with his shoulder, turned his head. The refs thought we called for a fair catch later too on Donaldsons non touchdown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom