Joy Cheek Leaving OSU for Vandy | The Boneyard

Joy Cheek Leaving OSU for Vandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know what to think about this move. OSU an elite team capable of winning a National Championship next year. Vandy is maybe a Sweet 16 team at best.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Suggestion: Some of us don't know who Joy Cheek is, or her affiliation with OSU. Also, because there are two "OSU's" (Oregon State University & Ohio State University), Spelling out the institution's name would help to clarify which OSU you're referring to. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I think Joy Cheek was at Duke, she now moves again which appears to be a lateral move.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Suggestion: Some of us don't know who Joy Cheek is, or her affiliation with OSU. Also, because there are two "OSU's" (Oregon State University & Ohio State University), Spelling out the institution's name would help to clarify which OSU you're referring to. Thanks.

Actually Cheek is leaving Oklahoma State, though I could be wrong :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Actually Cheek is leaving Oklahoma State, though I could be wrong :cool:

Thanks. Make that 3 "OSU's". I forgot about Oklahoma State University. :eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Joy was on McGuff's staff at Ohio State. She was an assistant at Duke before that. She played 4 years at Duke (2007-10) and had a brief pro career. I guess she's impressed (understandably) by Stephanie White.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Suggestion: Google Joy Cheek.

Reaction Score
Joy was on McGuff's staff at Ohio State. She was an assistant at Duke before that. She played 4 years at Duke (2007-10) and had a brief pro career. I guess she's impressed (understandably) by Stephanie White.

or tired of the playground basketball at The Ohio State. OSU will be very talented in 2016-17. However, without good defense and rebounding they are not going very far in the NCAA tournament.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Vanderbilt is building one heck of a staff. UT fans should be watching very closely, there's a new power in state.
With all this coaching talent pouring into Nashville, maybe a team from Tennessee will finally be able to give Dawn's Gamecocks a little challenge! ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
With all this coaching talent pouring into Nashville, maybe a team from Tennessee will finally be able to give Dawn's Gamecocks a little challenge! ;)
Maybe and hopefully. Objectively speaking however, I wouldn't quite count Pat and her motley crew out just yet.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe and hopefully. Objectively speaking however, I wouldn't quite count Pat and her motley crew out just yet.
Sigh. Holly, not Pat.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Interesting that OSU is indeed used for both Ohio State and Oklahoma State, but I don't generally think of it referring to Oregon State. I have (of course) heard it used but it doesn't leap to mind, even though we are in PAC12 territory. OTH, my wife thinks tOSU first, Oregon 2nd and Oklahoma a distant 3rd.

For me, USC is Southern Cal and USF is South Florida - and RU is Rutgers, not Radford! UT is in Texas and IUPUI is exactly where it says it is!

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
There is only one OSU, Oregon State is Oregon State, it's actually tOSU; The Ohio State University. Joy Cheek was an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for Kevin McGuff in her 3rd season, she's a Duke grad who came to tOSU after working in the same capacity at her alma mater, she also works with the posts and is credited with the development of Alexa Hart. tOSU had a consensus top five recruiting class her first year, which included Kelsey Mitchell and four other ESPiN top 100 signees, although most of us believe the hiring of Mitchell's father had more to do with her recruitment than Cheek. tOSU has also gotten 3 transfers from Duke, during Cheek's tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom