Jovan Grujic (Committed to Stephen F. Austin) | The Boneyard

Jovan Grujic (Committed to Stephen F. Austin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Jovan Grujic, a 7-footer from South Kent, is moving back into the 2015 class instead of 2016, per @SouthKentHoops. He is NCAA-qualified.

Not sure if UConn is interested, but he is teammates with Tremont Waters, so I'm sure UConn has seen him.

Here's a write-up on him from when his team played in the NPS:

Jovan Grujic, 7-0, C, South Kent (CT), 2016

Looking like a straight up grown man out there, Jovan Grujic set the hardest screens of anyone in New Haven. Not just a brute on the hardwood, he showed his skill level via a flurry of post moves on the block and ability to shoot the ball all the way out to the high school three point line. Grujic has plenty of experience, having come up with Partizan (Serbia’s top team) and while he already earned an offer from Fordham based off of his play, expect big time programs to enter the picture very soon.

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/2014-national-prep-showcase-top-underclassmen/

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Curious as to why this guy doesn't seem to be on the main recruiting sites. If that offer list is accurate I assume he can play a little bit and isn't a complete project.

They have 4 open scholarships next year right? (minus Enoch and Adams)

Reaction Score
Zagoria's report from the same event:

One of the most intriguing prospects going into the final day of the Showcase was 6-11, British center Samuel Japhet-Mathias. While Japhet-Mathias did show some of the tools that make him so intriguing, such as decent mobility, strength, and touch for someone his age (Class of 2017) it was actually the man guarding him who truly impressed.

Jovan Grujic, a 7-1 2016 center from Pancevo, Serbia, was extremely impressive on both ends of the floor. Grujic is a good rebounder and defender while displaying decent athleticism and touch around the basket. Grujic showed his defensive ability by limiting Jones and Mathias to eight points in the game on a combined 2-for-8 shooting from the field. As good as he was defensively, Grujic showed just how good he could be in the second half when he calmly hit a 3-pointer from the top of the arc and then scored on a nifty post move a couple of possessions later.

Grujic only arrived in the United States in August and already has an offer from Fordham, according to South Kent coach Kelvin Jefferson. However, if his performance Sunday was any indication of his talent level and potential, it won’t be long before colleges are lining up outside of Grujic’s door.

------

We're recruiting both SJM and Jones, for what it's worth.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Saw that video on that kid Travis Atson - wow just shows you why you need to see someone in person rather than highlights. That kid would come across as someone who would have higher offers than Duquesne and dePaul? He also looks like kind of a d**k but it he can score who cares?;)

Reaction Score
Could have eligibility issues given his playing time in Serbia (ala Enes Kanter). That is just what we need.

Reaction Score
Is UCONN even on his list? It didn't seem like it from an earlier post.
Prior to reclassifying, his only offer was from Fordham (according to VerbalCommits), though he was being watched by numerous bigger programs (a few ACC, a few SEC, Big East, etc).

He's gone head-to-head with guys like Enoch and SJM and held his own this year. I don't know if we are involved with him now, or are planning to be in the future. But considering the competition he's gone against and the fact that we have two scholarships open, his is a name that might be worth remembering.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
"do you know how to upload videos to facebook"

We got any video on him?

Reaction Score
I saw him play a few weeks ago against Brewster. This guy cannot play at a high D-1 level. He cannot run (seems to have knee and foot problems) and I do not believe this is a temporary issue. Other than being 7 feet, there is not a lot of positives that I see.

By the way, Jalen Adams is a stud. Needs to get a little more serious on defense but is a super, and willing passer, with the ability to score in traffic and from 3. I did think the sophomore guard from Kent (Waters?) got the better of him that day (we need him badly), but I think JA will be a very welcome addition next year.

Reaction Score
I saw him play a few weeks ago against Brewster. This guy cannot play at a high D-1 level. He cannot run (seems to have knee and foot problems) and I do not believe this is a temporary issue. Other than being 7 feet, there is not a lot of positives that I see.

By the way, Jalen Adams is a stud. Needs to get a little more serious on defense but is a super, and willing passer, with the ability to score in traffic and from 3. I did think the sophomore guard from Kent (Waters?) got the better of him that day (we need him badly), but I think JA will be a very welcome addition next year.

Agree with each point

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score

Agree with you on Jalen..I think the defense lacks because hes got such a superior team especially athletically that they can get away with it. But Ollie and staff can def teach him a thing or two there, too bad a little boat defense cant rub off on em...The game I saw they had this shorter back up guard who kind of looked like scottie wilbekin and that kid crisp who is off to the wrong huskies take care of the other teams best guard and they put em on lock while jalen went through the motions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom