2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It was mentioned briefly on twitter a few months ago.

Should he really be reclassing tho? He’s more than ready defensively but he is raw, even for his current class, offensively.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If the BY thinks posters on our board mess Joson’s name up, wait until Jay Williams gets a crack at it. Lol
If he screws it up correctly there's a good NIL opportunity:

C&S.png

Reaction Score
Good to hear.

Maybe Jake Weingarten knows much more than I gave him credit for. I apologize to Jake.

The On3 article on Sanon 2 weeks ago didn't mention UConn at all. Which proves again that you can't believe 100% of what is in these recruiting articles. They don't always tell the complete story.

Reaction Score
He's on everybody's list. Duke, Kansas, Arizona, Alabama, us. I think if he reclasses we're in a good spot. We'll see, though.

Reaction Score
He's on everybody's list. Duke, Kansas, Arizona, Alabama, us. I think if he reclasses we're in a good spot. We'll see, though.
It's strange that the only schools he mentioned in that On3 article from 2 weeks ago were OK St., Arizona, LSU, Indiana, and Georgia. He's pretty highly rated so I figured those weren't the only schools very interested in him.

Reaction Score
Son has a friend that recently left VA that knew Sanon well. Said he was most interested in receiving offers from KS, KY and the like. No issue with UConn, but wanted to get out of New England. This is from late summer so somewhat dated but sounds like a bit of a hill to climb. Of course, recruiting is fluid, never rule out Hurley and assume we wouldn't show up to watch with full staff if there wasn't a reasonable shot. Still, it seems like the kids that are known to want out of the northeast that have been our biggest recruiting challenges.

Reaction Score
Son has a friend that recently left VA that knew Sanon well. Said he was most interested in receiving offers from KS, KY and the like. No issue with UConn, but wanted to get out of New England. This is from late summer so somewhat dated but sounds like a bit of a hill to climb. Of course, recruiting is fluid, never rule out Hurley and assume we wouldn't show up to watch with full staff if there wasn't a reasonable shot. Still, it seems like the kids that are known to want out of the northeast that have been our biggest recruiting challenges.

Having a hard time believing this. Kid could go to any prep school in the country and chose VT Academy. I'm thinking leaving New England is not as much of a priority as you might think.

Reaction Score
Should he really be reclassing tho? He’s more than ready defensively but he is raw, even for his current class, offensively.

Sanon is a tough shot maker and shoots it at a high volume (shot isn't textbook, but it's fairly consistent). Solid athlete and defender with good size and strength. Difference between being ranked 10-20 and 1-10 by the end of this HS season is going to be if he can elevate his passing game and continue to improve his creativity finishing at the rim. Very strong-hand dominant right now.

I wouldn't say he's "raw" as much as "unpolished," if that makes sense. FWIW this is his highlight from last HS season. I watched some full games I took notes on. If I can find them, I'll post later.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Sanon is a tough shot maker and shoots it at a high volume (shot isn't textbook, but it's fairly consistent). Solid athlete and defender with good size and strength. Difference between being ranked 10-20 and 1-10 by the end of this HS season is going to be if he can elevate his passing game and continue to improve his creativity finishing at the rim. Very strong-hand dominant right now.

I wouldn't say he's "raw" as much as "unpolished," if that makes sense. FWIW this is his highlight from last HS season. I watched some full games I took notes on. If I can find them, I'll post later.

Sounds a bit like the pre-season assessments of a certain Mr. Castle last year, sans the passing issue. 6'5" Guard U.

Reaction Score
Sounds a bit like the pre-season assessments of a certain Mr. Castle last year, sans the passing issue. 6'5" Guard U.

Not really, but I like the positivity. Lead guard vs Off-guard. Great finisher/suspect shooter vs solid shooter/suspect finisher.

Kind of similar size though.

Reaction Score
Having a hard time believing this. Kid could go to any prep school in the country and chose VT Academy. I'm thinking leaving New England is not as much of a priority as you might think.
Here's hoping your logic holds.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He might wanna go somewhere non local for college. Don’t think him staying local for prep school necessitates he will stay local for college.

Reaction Score
He might wanna go somewhere non local for college. Don’t think him staying local for prep school necessitates he will stay local for college.

That may be true. The kind of so-and-so said rumors we get on the 'yard are rarely true, so I'm not buying what that poster was saying. Kids say a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom