2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon Top 10 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
1 shooting guard on whole roster.
I’m not saying we don’t want Sanon. He’s a stud. Just saying it’s not like the position is vacant. Solo hasn’t shown any PG skills so far. Nowell will play a lot.

Reaction Score
Developing a 6’3 SG would be a mismanagement of Solo’s future.
Is Donovan Mitchell a PG or a SG? That's what he'll be at the next level and I'm sure that's what we'll develop him towards.

But either way, our system is not traditional PG reliant. We start essentially 3 PGs this season and they all get assists.

Reaction Score
How much of a determining factor will NIL be here? I don’t love Overtime Elite being listed.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying we don’t want Sanon. He’s a stud. Just saying it’s not like the position is vacant. Solo hasn’t shown any PG skills so far. Nowell will play a lot.

Both Stewart and Ross are wings. We have 1 SG and 1 PG (unless Diarra returns). Realistically we need pieces everywhere.

Reaction Score
How much of a determining factor will NIL be here? I don’t love Overtime Elite being listed.

Our NIL can compete with the best. Unless UK really comes in hot, it's probably not a huge factor. All these schools have money.

We probably don't want a kid if he is $$$ first though. I want our guys paid, but they gotta be ballers first.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is Donovan Mitchell a PG or a SG? That's what he'll be at the next level and I'm sure that's what we'll develop him towards.

But either way, our system is not traditional PG reliant. We start essentially 3 PGs this season and they all get assists.
Yes, and it’s mostly about defensive assignments anyway. He played the 3 for us with Castle out but really hasn’t since. Next year I don’t know what we will get from Ross. If Alex is back, I’d expect us to play slightly big with Stewart at the 3. No idea if Diarra returns.

Hurley will figure it out but I think Solo can be a very nice player. He‘s not much shorter than Devin Carter is he? Thats the type of game he has.

Reaction Score
My two cents. Possible that Alex is back next year- If so..We're loaded at the 3/4 with Abraham/Ross/Stewart/Postos/Alex.. "Stuff" happens.. We don't know yet.

With NIL/portal.. Talent presents itself and falls in your lap. Another dimension to the recruiting challenge. Confident that DH/staff will figure it out.

Reaction Score
My two cents. Possible that Alex is back next year- If so..We're loaded at the 3/4 with Abraham/Ross/Stewart/Postos/Alex.. "Stuff" happens.. We don't know yet.

With NIL/portal.. Talent presents itself and falls in your lap. Another dimension to the recruiting challenge. Confident that DH/staff will figure it out.
I think we’ll be young and talented next season. They’ll definitely be some growing pains next year

Reaction Score
Clearly inspired by BC’s heroic blowout victory over a sleepwalking Miami team in a 10% full arena to clinch the respect they deserve as the 11th best team in the ACC. Who wouldn’t be ready to run through a wall to play in Chestnut Hill after that…

Reaction Score
We're also jumping the gun on the re class idea. He might just be 2025.
He's played 4 years of high school ball - a 5th year isn't going to help him reach his goals. Still think we're the perfect destination for him but haven't seen anything that leads to the conclusion that KS isn't at the top of his list with KY as a back-up. Always had the feeling that we, PC and BCU were courtesy visits given proximity to VA.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I haven’t seen any Donovan Mitchell comp. On3 compared him to Westbrook which I agree with. I’m not sure why this board is set on trying to pigeon hole him into a SG despite so much evidence to the contrary. The only reason he wasn’t this year is because there’s 2 senior PGs and a top 10 PG in front of him. As seen by his struggles, he is not a natural off the ball player.

We’ve had this discussion before about the offense. We have 3 ball handlers on the floor but Newton is the main guy initiating offense making him the PG. But yes, technically we have 3 guys capable of doing it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He led the team in assists over the summer. I don’t know why this board ignores that. Once there’s a clear depth chart to have that PG responsibility he’ll be fine if that’s what Hurley chooses.

Even broadcasters have called Solo a PG (and I think they get that info from the coaches during conference calls).

Reaction Score
He led the team in assists over the summer. I don’t know why this board ignores that. Once there’s a clear depth chart to have that PG responsibility he’ll be fine if that’s what Hurley chooses.

Even broadcasters have called Solo a PG (and I think they get that info from the coaches during conference calls).
He had 8 games early in the season where he played more than 25 minutes and had 8 total assists in those games. He hasn’t shown anything this season that shows he should be a PG.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He had 8 games early in the season where he played more than 25 minutes and had 8 total assists in those games. He hasn’t shown anything this season that shows he should be a PG.
The only reason he wasn’t this year is because there’s 2 senior PGs and a top 10 PG in front of him. As seen by his struggles, he is not a natural off the ball player.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will preface this by stating that I've never seen this kid play.

There are quite a few players who at his age can be best categorized as ball dominant scoring guards, which is what I imagine he currently is. He appears to have exceptional athleticism and skills so whether it is due to choice or due to need. At this point in his career, his having the ball in his hands and also being the primary scoring option is not necessarily a critique of his game.

My personal opinion: if he wants to develop a full game, where he can at any time assume the role of a one, two or three, there would be no better destination than here. This should pay dividends in the long run as his movement without the ball, his passing, his understanding of spacing and his defense will improve tremendously, making his transition to the NBA (and more importantly, his ability to draw a second contract) far easier.

If he wants to be coddled, if he wants to be the guy, if he wants a large NIL bag, there are better landing spots than here.

Reaction Score
Kentucky on a players short list never sits right with me. I know I’m painting with too broad a brushstroke but in my mind a “Kentucky” player is not a “UConn” player. Cultures couldn’t be more different. Hopefully Joson is an exception.
He definitely seems like a "look at me" personality from his social media.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
All joking aside, weren't we actually led to believe Providence had as good a shot as anyone here? Wonder what happened

Reaction Score
If Clingan and Johnson weren’t here then Karaban would be the 5, doesn’t mean it’s his natural position and best fit

Reaction Score
All joking aside, weren't we actually led to believe Providence had as good a shot as anyone here? Wonder what happened
The Providence thread on this is great. Immediately before the list dropped, someone posted he was theirs to lose. Then afterwards apparently he was a lock to PC until Kentucky got involved. Not sure how that singular act knocked them out of the top 6 and behind BC….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom