Josh Carlton Needs “The Jimmy” | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Needs “The Jimmy”

Reaction Score
Seinfeld episode 105. Jerry and George encounter Jimmy in the locker room after basketball. If you remember Jimmy sells sneakers(very weird looking) that improve vertical leap. Josh needs to spend his life in a pair of those. At the game it looked worse than it normally does on tv I have to say. He’s a college kid all in for the Huskys but all you could say after that performance is he played like a stiff, and that’s being kind. We have seen so much more from him in the past, last year, especially with footwork and offensive moves, this left me scratching my head. So Josh, just get those dorky sneakers and walk around campus in them.

Reaction Score
Seinfeld episode 105. Jerry and George encounter Jimmy in the locker room after basketball. If you remember Jimmy sells sneakers(very weird looking) that improve vertical leap. Josh needs to spend his life in a pair of those. At the game it looked worse than it normally does on tv I have to say. He’s a college kid all in for the Huskys but all you could say after that performance is he played like a stiff, and that’s being kind. We have seen so much more from him in the past, last year, especially with footwork and offensive moves, this left me scratching my head. So Josh, just get those dorky sneakers and walk around campus in them.
This is really funny. It's exactly what Josh needs. I don't think he could jump over a phone book.........of any rural CT town.

Reaction Score
I admire and appreciate Carlton's work over the summer, but what is going on with him? He looks listless. He blocked some shots last year and was active. At the moment, that energy is gone. He is a shrinking violet down low for the last several games. His hands are down, he's getting shoved around.

Reaction Score
Question. When Josh goes up from 1 foot away and gets stuffed do we all start yelling “Jimmy’s down!?” My God Mel Tormé is smooth.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He has them, trust me.

General issue in the recruit visit handbags. They hand them out at the door right before chief's urinal pitch.

It's why Cliff seemed so tall.

91qKVDTaCjL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Reaction Score
Jimbroski? The J the I the M the M the Y the J the I the M it's Jimmy. To old school.

Reaction Score
Question. When Josh goes up from 1 foot away and gets stuffed do we all start yelling “Jimmy’s down!?” My God Mel Tormé is smooth.
The Velvet Fog

Reaction Score
He should lose 10lbs. I think he'd be more mobile at 245-250lbs

Agreed. Said it in another thread last week. His added bulk has clearly affected his lateral quickness and his lift. He’s so slow to the basket when he gets the ball dished off to him; AG has lost a lot of assists to that this year. Reminds me of Phil Nolan in the national championship game against Kentucky.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
At the game it looked worse than it normally does on tv
It looked just as bad on TV today. He got blocked multiple times by guys 4 or 5 inches shorter than him.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He has them, trust me.

General issue in the recruit visit handbags. They hand them out at the door right before chief's urinal pitch.

It's why Cliff seemed so tall.

View attachment 48725

Cliff don't need no jimmyjack shoe to walk onto an nba floor today, and get looked up to by most in the room. lol.

I was implying that chief was referring to Cliff O in his original urinal post, Spliffy.

There can be just one Cliff in UCONN MBB history and he claimed the lifelong title back in 85-89.

EDIT: And I wish I knew how to make "Cliff don't need no jimmyjack shoe to walk onto an nba floor today" go viral.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom