Josh Carlton Co-Most Improved Player!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Co-Most Improved Player!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Josh has improved at every phase of his game. His back to the basket moves came first, then his willingness to bang on people to score, then blocks and rebounding. He has made some decent passes in the last few games, so that should come as well. He has started dunking through contact to get the and 1 on plays where he used to contort himself to avoid contact and miss altogether (Jalen should take notes). He needs to get even stronger, especially with his lack of leaping ability.

He's more than serviceable at this point. He's a weapon.

Reaction Score
I love this man. He’s played phenomenal in March but in February there was a stretch of 5 games where he didn’t play as well as now

Reaction Score
Just think his numbers would’ve been THAT much better if he could hit the bunnies at a higher clip. He played great and had some great moves but he would be soft and lay it up or bounce it off the rim a lot too. I guess that has to do with strength and that innate ability to bang it on fools. He showed a couple flashes of that but hoping he comes back stronger and more confident. Are there drills to put the ball in the basket while being mauled and fouled? It’ll help him with hitting those bunnies.

Reaction Score
How many games did people just chuck up mid-range and 3's when Tacko was in and then crash the paint when he was out? My guess is JC had more opportunities than Tacko, but I'd be interested to see that difference in opportunities if the info was somehow available. Still a great stat line and awesome for Josh and the coaching staff.

Not specifically on/off with Fall, but UCF averages 32% of opponents shots near the rim. UConn averages 43%. UCF is 59th in the country and UConn is 335th. On the same theme, UCF forces many more midrange shots than UConn does instead of at the rim shots.

UConn runs guys off the 3 line and that leads to more attempts near the rim.

Reaction Score
I remember John Linehan. He was John Gwynnish sorta.

He was a defensive nat, much like Boat. Don't lose your focus bringing the ball up or penetrating the lane because he's picking you apart of you do. Pain in the butt, guy you don't like unless he's wearing National Flag Blue!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say next year, unless we get another 1 or 2 guys ready to play. No depth, and Akok is still pretty green.

Agreed on 20-21.

Absolutely shocked at Josh's turnaround this year. Kudos to the kid (and the staff) for making it happen.
We forgot what player development looks like around here. The record still stinks but things are so much better.

Reaction Score
He was a defensive nat, much like Boat. Don't lose your focus bringing the ball up or penetrating the lane because he's picking you apart of you do. Pain in the butt, guy you don't like unless he's wearing National Flag Blue!
Probably the most pesky defender I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
His timing and his positioning have gotten so much better. When you consider he doesn't get off the floor much, it's really impressive. I love looking forward to having a sound fundamental guy down low.

I'm really hoping to see some growth in his passing (nothing says to me that he can't do that--great smarts, good hands), as I think this will open up a whole new dimension for this team that we haven't seen in 5+ years.

Having Akok next to him in the post should open up his interior passing from Day 1.

What's important also to note with his defensive timing and positioning, plus his better motor, is that he is not fouling. Josh has learned how to stay on the floor, 30 plus minutes and only 2 or three fouls.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

On more than one occasion, Calhoun commented that he was going to attend Linehan's graduation ceremony at PC, because only then would he be convinced he was not coming back to play for another season.

Reaction Score
Something seriously woke this giant up about 5-6 games ago. I want to know what or who it was that may have contributed to this enormous turnaround.
There was a snarl after a 2 handed hard jam at the beginning of the game and from there it was like another body occupied his frame.

C

Chief00

Measurable, observable player improvement. Something we haven't seen around here in a while.
Thank you, Dan Hurley & crew.

Again, in Josh’s case a shout out to Coach Hunter. Tom Moore and K Young have done a good job with CV as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom