Josh Carlton’s subtle dig at the fan base | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton’s subtle dig at the fan base

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I think it's supposed to mean that nobody cared about them before, but now that they're playing better everyone is coming back and acting like they care?

Reaction Score
I think it's supposed to mean that nobody cared about them before, but now that they're playing better everyone is coming back and acting like they care?

Wait. Josh Carlton figured out that fanbases can be fickle and only love you when you win? Not exactly a Nobel Prize discovery. (Having said that, I understand how easy it has to be for a UConn athlete to be disappointed in the lack of especially student support that is being show, but they need to understand that losing has breed disinterest.)

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Whatever.

If the players and staff have a unifying rallying cry against fair weather or casual fans, so be it.

OTOH, welcome to transitioning to adulthood and learning fans' time and money is finite and most people tend to use those linited resources on things that bring enjoyment.

Reaction Score
Thank you, I was mystified

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Whatever.

If the players and staff have a unifying rallying cry against fair weather or casual fans, so be it.

OTOH, welcome to transitioning to adulthood and learning fans' time and money is finite and most people tend to use those linited resources on things that bring enjoyment.
If it helps them get fired up to win games, they can hate every fans guts for all I care lmao

Reaction Score
I don't know what the heck that was, but to quickly assume it's a jab at the fan base might be jumping the gun.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the heck that was, but to quickly assume it's a jab at the fan base might be jumping the gun.
No support the last 2 years and now all the fans come back once they win

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No support the last 2 years and now all the fans come back once they win

It’s kind of a dopey point when you just played in front of a bunch of UConn fans who laid out money and travel plans way back when you were still coughing up games by 20+ every other night.

But whatever - he’s a kid.

Reaction Score
IDK why josh would think people would be all up on his bandwagon before he started making multi-colored Krabby Patties

Reaction Score
If that’s what’s going on here, I don’t have a problem if Josh, other players, or the coaches, call out the fans every now and then.

We call out the players and coaches when we feel they aren’t performing to expectations. I have no problem with them doing the same to us fans when they feel we haven’t performed up to their expectations.

I’m talking about calling out the casual fans. Not us real fans here on the BY. That’s another story. Nobody outside of us knows the time we’ve put in being real fans.

When one of us post something over and over again that looks idiotic, there’s a reason behind why it was posted. We’re building a culture here that may not always be obvious to the casual players and coaches looking in from the outside.

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
It’s kind of a dopey point when you just played in front of a bunch of UConn fans who laid out money and travel plans way back when you were still coughing up games by 20+ every other night.

But whatever - he’s a kid.
Nice.

C

Chief00

Guessing it's supposed to be "can't see the forest for the trees" but really have no idea.

I also think it's Josh having Chief's back.

Thanks Josh.

The posters who tried to throw James overboard when he made an 18 year old type mistake are the same ones who personally attack AG. While Chief will constructively criticize the on court basketball plays, Chief always has the players backs over the years - with one exception and we have made peace.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom