Josh Boone Playing for USA Basketball | The Boneyard

Josh Boone Playing for USA Basketball

Reaction Score
outside of emeka, the uconn bigs never really got a footing in the association

drummond doesn’t count

Reaction Score

drummond doesn’t count

Of course Drummond counts, so does Toby Kimball, Voskuhl played 9 years in the NBA that would be a footing plus some, Travis Knight played seven, Hilton played seven, Emeka, Donyell, Cliff Robinson. Others got a toe in.

Don't be hating on our big guys.

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t Drummond count?

he does, but i was referring more to the grind it out old school uconn bigs who worked 4 yrs. drummond could‘ve gone straight to the nba out of hs if it was allowed.

derailed

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

drummond doesn’t count

I get your point that we never had a standout NBA big like Emeka and even he has flown under the radar. But Travis had a couple of pots of coffee and won himself a ring and Jake had 9 years in the league. Hilton had 5 good money making years, Josh had 4.

We're by no means a NBA factory for centers but we've pushed a few serviceable ones into the league. I think Thabeet's struggles have branded us a little in our own minds. That being said, I would love for us to have someone like Emeka find his way to campus soon.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Of course Drummond counts, so does Toby Kimball, Voskuhl played 9 years in the NBA that would be a footing plus some, Travis Knight played seven, Hilton played seven, Emeka, Donyell, Cliff Robinson. Others got a toe in.

he's probably too young to remember any of the old time bigs Bill Corley, John Thomas and Rod Sellers, Abro were not to be ignored

Reaction Score

I hung out with Travis knight at a fundraiser in Hartford probably 10 years ago and then bumped into him in the Austin airport 5 years later. Just a good good guy. Fishing now I believe

Reaction Score
I hung out with Travis knight at a fundraiser in Hartford probably 10 years ago and then bumped into him in the Austin airport 5 years later. Just a good good guy. Fishing now I believe
And by hung out I don’t mean in an @Chief00 way. Just that we were at the same table and I think he was in flip flops for a black tie event.

Reaction Score
damn, you old heads don’t disappoint

is there a storrs barbershop zoom room

i thought i was an old head

Reaction Score
I'm sure he's financially comfortable. Thanks to Rick Pitino.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Life goals. In the next 3-4 years that's what I hope to put down when filling out forms.

Occupation? Fishing now
Employer? Self

Reaction Score
my omega psi phi roommate stumbled me into donyell’s dorm room

talk about ollld

Reaction Score
he's probably too young to remember any of the old time bigs Bill Corley, John Thomas and Rod Sellers, Abro were not to be ignored
I don't think any of them made the NBA but Bruce Kuzencski did. A 15 game cup of coffee.

And throw in Corny Thompson and Chuck Aleksisas as one year wonders.

And Jeff Adrien was in and out of the league for 5 years. Not many games but he hung on like a terrier.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not too long after Travis was out of the league for good, we went to a UConn game in Storrs parked in X-lot. A van pulls up across the way, side door opens and out comes a massive cloud of smoke and a bunch of bros. It looked just like "Fast Times". Knight was one of them and I smiled, happy that he wasn't wasting his money.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget about Andrew Bynum!
Oh we forgot all about him since he was never a Husky. I always wonder if his career would have been different if he had gone to UConn for a year or two. He was not ready for the NBA.

Reaction Score

Lots of the Bigs did well. Charlie V had some years in the league. With the exception of Cliff and Mek, the others were role guys at UCONN and in the league.

Reaction Score
And if USA Basketball needs him, it looks like Hasheem Thabeet is still in Taiwan.

Reaction Score
Oh we forgot all about him since he was never a Husky. I always wonder if his career would have been different if he had gone to UConn for a year or two. He was not ready for the NBA.
Huh? Bynum became an All-Star, his knees just turned to dust.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom