Jorge Posada Retiring | The Boneyard

Jorge Posada Retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FFS, about time!
When you're an athlete with a lot of confidence in yourself, it's really hard to walk away from the limelight (not to say the $). Only an idiot would have quit last year with the contract that Hank gave him. Great decision to retire as a Yankee and not try to hang on with another team. I remember feeling really sad when Mantle, my childhood idol, couldn't walk away and let his career average slip below .300

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Awful catcher whos seemed to start out horrid, got pretty decent and then plummeted back to horrendous. Underrated bat.

Glad to see he retired as a Yankee.

Reaction Score

Just another reminder how lucky we've been as Yankee fans these past couple of decades. Soon it will be Jeter & Mo joining Jorge in retirement. I'm sure the Yankees will re-load, but these core guys have been around so long, that they'll be hard to replace. I saw this clip of Peter Gammons discussing Jorge's chances at making it to Cooperstown (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=&topic_id=26446990&c_id=nyy&tcid=vpp_copy_&v=3). The numbers look a lot better when you look at them relative to other catchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom