Jordan Tucker Transferring from Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Tucker Transferring from Duke

Reaction Score
Not what we need. I know what people are thinking - he's from Duke so he must be good. He isn't. He was recruited over because K knew he isn't ready. The kid seems mentally weak to me and we certainly can't afford another one of those. Yet another kid who leaves a program because he doesn't get starter minutes right away.

Reaction Score
We should be decent if JA, CV, & TL stay and AG returns healthy... wait... I think we said that this year too... hmmm

Then again we have Sid Vicious coming back and the bigs will have their feet wet.

What we really need is Chol Marial.

Our best bet is if Larrier does not come back. He's not a winning player, he makes bad decisions, and plays no defense. I'd much rather have Sid over him. Start AG, JA, SW, MD, and JC with a bench of Akinjo, Vital, Matthews, Whaley, and Cobb has a lot of potential. Once again though, it depends on if Ollie can get them ready.

Reaction Score
I just have such a hard time getting excited about anyone Ollie will be/is recruiting. Getting them here would be an achievement enough, getting them to stay through a possible coaching turnover would be even wilder..

Reaction Score
I don't know if he's a good fit or not for UConn, but how can he be called "dangerous" for his academics while being academically qualified to get into Duke? If he was qualified academically to get into Duke, I'm going out on a limb and saying that academics isn't an issue with him coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
Our best bet is if Larrier does not come back. He's not a winning player, he makes bad decisions, and plays no defense. I'd much rather have Sid over him. Start AG, JA, SW, MD, and JC with a bench of Akinjo, Vital, Matthews, Whaley, and Cobb has a lot of potential. Once again though, it depends on if Ollie can get them ready.

Actually doesn't sound that bad. May be even better if Larrier does come back. I try to keep in mind that he hasn't played in two years.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't know if he's a good fit or not for UConn, but how can he be called "dangerous" for his academics while being academically qualified to get into Duke? If he was qualified academically to get into Duke, I'm going out on a limb and saying that academics isn't an issue with him coming to UConn.
Oh my sweet summer child.

Reaction Score

Haven't heard anything about academics but he's exactly the type of kid we don't need here. I read an article where he says he "just needs playing time." Obviously did not want to compete at Duke and bailed after 1 semester. We don't want someone here who just wants playing time handed to them.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Kyrie Irving went to Duke and thought he earth was flat. Sports admission =\= as normal students. I know a Harvard football player who got an 1800 on the SATs...

Reaction Score
Not what we need. I know what people are thinking - he's from Duke so he must be good. He isn't. He was recruited over because K knew he isn't ready. The kid seems mentally weak to me and we certainly can't afford another one of those. Yet another kid who leaves a program because he doesn't get starter minutes right away.
He was recruited over by K because that is what K does. He recruits 10 McDs and plays 6 of them. The rest transfer out if they are smart (see Semi who went to SMU) or die on the bench.

Reaction Score
We won't get him but you're wrong. He's exactly what we need. His shooting stroke is a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
Over involved Dad. I've been told that He's not nearly good enough to warrant his camp's expectations...wants immediate playing time....HARD PASS!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'll promise him playing time, how about 35 min? I'll even throw in a minimum 5 three point attempts.

Do some people not watch the games? Our three point shooting is laughable, this kid is EXACTLY what we need.

Reaction Score
Let's not guarantee him any minutes. But I can "guarantee" he'd play 30+ minutes here because he's more talented than 75% of this roster and fits a huge need

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Actually doesn't sound that bad. May be even better if Larrier does come back. I try to keep in mind that he hasn't played in two years.

Everyone should. And that he's a year off an ACL. He's held to a higher standard than maybe he should be atm. I mean, he probably doesn't even trust his body right now, never mind anything else. I bet that is part of his 'fear of contact' or what have you.

Problem is, there are so many other issues, his play just gets lumped in with everything else. I won't be surprised to see him tear up the G League next year.

I'm not letting him off the hook, but there are legitimate extenuating circumstances. People hate to hear that, but it's a fact. I know it only takes a year to get back, but almost every athlete says it's 2 years until you feel normal. Plus the additional rust he had before that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom