Jordan Todman | The Boneyard

Jordan Todman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At one point this program had Donald Brown, Andre Dixon, Jordan Todman, Robbie Frey and Reggie McClain all on the roster at the same time. McClain came into the program as a RB and moved to CB given that logjam.

With the exception of maybe Newsome, we have not had a back that has been even remotely comparable to any of those guys.

Reaction Score
Joe Williams
He never did anything at UConn except steal a credit card, have a package delivered to his home using said credit card and get booted.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I loved Jordan Todman in a UConn uni - the epitome of a gamer
He must be rolling his eyes about UConn football these days

Reaction Score
He never did anything at UConn except steal a credit card, have a package delivered to his home using said credit card and get booted.
Yep, and he was the fastest guy on the team. Perhaps Foxx.

Reaction Score
At one point this program had Donald Brown, Andre Dixon, Jordan Todman, Robbie Frey and Reggie McClain all on the roster at the same time. McClain came into the program as a RB and moved to CB given that logjam.

With the exception of maybe Newsome, we have not had a back that has been even remotely comparable to any of those guys.
don't depress me more than I already am.:(

Reaction Score

Remember all the great offensive linemen that blocked for all those guys.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
When we recruited Todman, someone on Edsall's staff said he was one of the top 5 running back in the east. Jordan was great for us. Since he left, it has been Lyle McCombs, Arkeel and Ron Johnson. As much as the O line has not been good, we have had a drop off in RB talent as well. And speaking of RB talent ( and I like Arkeel a lot)- why is he not in on 3rd downs? He is the prototypical 3rd down back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pretty much all the great and even very good UConn backs you knew immediately when you saw them.

Caulley in 2002. Brown at his redshirt freshman spring game. Todman.

The second level of Dixon, Brockingham - even a guy like Matt Lawrence - you weren't waiting around for 3 seasons thinking the good stuff was coming in the future.

Reaction Score
And his breakout year (this year)he quit Utah, then rejoined them, in what would have been his 5th year at UConn. Unless he was injured, and got a red shirt year, he wasn't going to be here this year anyway.

Reaction Score
Pretty much all the great and even very good UConn backs you knew immediately when you saw them.

Caulley in 2002. Brown at his redshirt freshman spring game. Todman.

The second level of Dixon, Brockingham - even a guy like Matt Lawrence - you weren't waiting around for 3 seasons thinking the good stuff was coming in the future.

Totally agree with that. Really good backs have that quick cut and explosiveness that I don't think can be taught. Brown and Todman could also run away from folks, and Brown was just very strong and seldom went down on first contact.

Comment above about he OLs is very fair. We may not have had the most talented lines, but they were plenty physical - Ryan, Petrus, the big guard, can't remember his name.

Reaction Score

I wouldn't put Newsome in this category whatsoever. Yes The O-Line has been awful since he's gotten here but he won't have a 1,000 rushing season after three years.

Reaction Score
Notice how Todman caught the ball moving forward.

Now watch the last two UConn games. Our KO returners especially Newsome are moving backwards when they catch the ball. Not sure if they are misjudging the ball. Or haven't been properly instructed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When we recruited Todman, someone on Edsall's staff said he was one of the top 5 running back in the east. Jordan was great for us. Since he left, it has been Lyle McCombs, Arkeel and Ron Johnson. As much as the O line has not been good, we have had a drop off in RB talent as well. And speaking of RB talent ( and I like Arkeel a lot)- why is he not in on 3rd downs? He is the prototypical 3rd down back.

You answered your own question. This staff has no idea how to user their personnel's strengths.

Reaction Score
Saw K. Reyes chasing down Ivory in the Chiefs-Jaguars highlights. Fast for 300 lb.
Saw that too. I was in awe. It ought to be required viewing for every UConn player over 275. Weight means nothing without quickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom