Jordan Todman Waived By San Diego | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Todman Waived By San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only thing Todman needs is more size. I think most in the NFL were concerned with his durability.

Reaction Score
couldve, shouldve, wouldve, he made the right choice his draft stock wouldnt have gone higher he took a beating last year no runningback should have to ever go through the punishment he went through last year. A runningback should always go pro early if he can unless you play in a great offense like Oregons Lamichael James his stock will go down due to some injuries btw. Quarterbacks and O-lineman I think should stay 4 years because of the development that it takes to play that position in the NFL.

Reaction Score
I assume he is going to sign with a practice squad for the remainder of the year. The minimum salary for a practice squad player for 2011 is $5,700. Couple that with his signing bonus and money he earned on the Charges roster and that is pretty good. Assuming he signs on with a team's practice squad this week: That is $51,300 . Add to that the $106,000 signing bonus, and $22,000 a week (minimum rookie salary is 375,000) for the first 6 weeks is $132,000.

So he already banked $238,000 and stands to make $51,300 on top of that. For a 2011 salary of $289,300. not too bad. And I am sure he can find a job in the offseason if he chooses.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, because our economy is really clamoring for sociology majors from UConn.

He'd be better off in the CFL than joining the enormous group of unemployable recent liberal arts graduates.

Wrong, it's much better to get your hand stamped.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I disagree with this.
I think UConn fans are way to close to our own players without seeing the big NFL picture. There are so many washouts, the vast majority of players in the NFL washout.
It looks like Branch, Beatty, Butler are giving it a go now, but really it shouldn't be a surprise if 66% of the drafted are not in the league after 2 years. Deon Anderson started a lot of games for Dallas as well. Easley has been hurt obviously. Cody Brown was undersized, Donald brown looks slower than he used to be, I'm drawing a blank on who else didn't really make it, but I can't say I'm surprised at anyone's performance.

Donald Thomas has over achieved for a sixth round pick... started a bunch for Miami... got a contract from the Patriots this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom