Jordan Todman signed by Vikings | The Boneyard

Jordan Todman signed by Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw in the Minneapolis paper today that Todman was added to the active roster filling a spot after guard Steve Hutchinson was placed on IR.

A meaningless game this Sunday versus the Bears but it would be nice to see him get a few snaps.

Horrific knee injury suffered by Adrian Peterson last week left the Vikes with little RB depth.

Reaction Score
Feel real bad for All Day Peterson.. that knee injury was indeed horrific....

Here's hoping for the start of something special on the football field at its highest level for Jordan Todman...

Reaction Score
Nice for JT! Just like Donald brown the NFL is missing out on them.

Reaction Score
This is nice to see. Felt he should have stayed for his senior year but what do I know....Obviously he has not taken the league by storm. I hope he lands where he can mature physically and be a regular on the field.

Reaction Score
Just a little blurb about Todman from Current Vikings Coach Leslie Frazier
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...gh_hopes_for_DeMarcus_Love_DAundre_Reed123011
Frazier was complimentary when asked about Jordan Todman, a sixth-round draft pick by San Diego in April who admitted his decision to sign with the Vikings instead of staying on the Chargers' practice squad was impacted by Peterson's injury.
"They're going to give me an opportunity," said Todman, who finished his college career as the third-leading rusher in University of Connecticut history.
"It's up to me to make the best of that opportunity and hopefully, I show them something where they trust me, where they feel they can use me."
The odds are long, of course, that Todman could be up to speed enough on the Vikings' offense to contribute on Sunday.
"Some of what we liked is showing up here in these practices in the short time we've had him," Frazier said. "His quickness, his speed, excellent agility. He's a very bright kid as well. He was a very good player in college. But his burst really separates him from a lot of players. I think he's like a 4.4, 4.3 40. So, he's got some top-end speed."

Reaction Score
I hope this gives Jordan a chance for next year. He had one year where he was the main back for us and I feel if the coach's told him he was making the right decision by leaving early they did him a disservice. Another year as the main college RB would have led to a higher pick in the draft. This was a lost year for him and he can't ever get it back. The Chargers needed to replace Sproles and they obviously felt JT wasn't that guy or wasn't ready yet. He lost out and the Huskies lost out. Too bad.

Reaction Score
Todman will be like Orlovsky and Brown. He will survive because he is good.

You don't pick up a guy for one game, who is on another team's practice squad, unless you really have done the homework and you really think that he would be an asset to the team in the long run.

Vikings got a gift from heaven.

Reaction Score
Went to the game at the Metrodome and searched the Vikings sideline but didn't see Todman. He was listed in the game program as being on the active roster. Hope the Vikes give him a chance.

Reaction Score
Should have stayed one more year at UConn. Don't get me wrong, I liked JT. He was a 5 Star in my book, but FHCRE gave him some bad advice. Another year bigger and stronger and maybe things work out better. Probably drafted higher, thereby aiding his chances of sticking with a team.

Reaction Score
There was no way he could improve his stock by coming back.

Reaction Score
There was no way he could improve his stock by coming back.

He was drafted in the 6th Round. In any case, there was no way he could have hurt his draft stock by coming back as long as he remained healthy. That is a big IF, though.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
He was drafted in the 6th Round. In any case, there was no way he could have hurt his draft stock by coming back as long as he remained healthy. That is a big IF, though.
Halfbacks only have a certain amount of hits they can take in their career and Todman would have taken quite a few hits his senior season. Even if he still would have been taken in the 6th round it would be one less season in the pros which means one less chance to make a team and get playing time and one less season to collect paychecks. JMO

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think he could have improved his self by coming back, but then again what he was told by those around the league that he would go no later than the third rounder. Just shows that you can't always believe what you are told.

Reaction Score
Halfbacks only have a certain amount of hits they can take in their career and Todman would have taken quite a few hits his senior season. Even if he still would have been taken in the 6th round it would be one less season in the pros which means one less chance to make a team and get playing time and one less season to collect paychecks. JMO

Well then, he certainly saved on "wear & tear" this year by coming out early. Didn't take too many hits this past season. Bottom line . . . made a mistake coming out last season.

Reaction Score
Absolutely correct their his stock might climbed a little higher.

Reaction Score
Well then, he certainly saved on "wear & tear" this year by coming out early. Didn't take too many hits this past season. Bottom line . . . made a mistake coming out last season.

Bottom Line . . . No he didn't. Their was zero way he could raise his draft stock, Todman had a great season running the ball and proved everything he could as a runner. He made the smart move not risking going back and getting injured. And he colected a very nice paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom