Jordan McLaughlin cuts UConn from list | The Boneyard

Jordan McLaughlin cuts UConn from list

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not anything new. We stopped going after him around August...

Reaction Score
The UCLA people claim he has crossed them out, so I wonder how he keeps them on his cut list.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Where's the 3* PG we should be offering right about now?

Reaction Score
Where's the 3* PG we should be offering right about now?

Meet Devin Watson: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ng/player/evaluation/_/id/163873/devin-watson

And Keith Pinckney: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-.../player/evaluation/_/id/144130/keith-pinckney

Both are consistently ranked somewhere from 100-150, though I've seen Pinckney as high as #50 (ESPN before the latest update).

I'm resolved to be absolutely content with whoever Ollie lands, and will admit that the only reason I really want Snider the most is because he's perceived as a bigger "get," and perception plays a huge, critical role in recruiting.

But honestly, I don't give a single duckk as long as they win and rep us well off the court.

Reaction Score
Pickney has the potential to be solid. Watson I'm not sold on. If we miss on Snider I think we will be active in the transfer market then go all in for Tyler Dorsey which makes sense.

Reaction Score
Pickney has the potential to be solid. Watson I'm not sold on. If we miss on Snider I think we will be active in the transfer market then go all in for Tyler Dorsey which makes sense.
I don't understand why a pg is a must get in this class. Unless we can get a top guy, whats the urgency? We already have a solid 3 star in that spot plus Purvis who is itchin to give it a go. I like the transfer idea until something better comes up but with that said KO knows the teams needs way better..... Maybe wants to develope some core guys in a very important position in cbb.

Reaction Score
It's the most important position on the court and I'd rather not roll the dice with a 3* and a shooting guard trying to become a point guard. I'm not saying it can't work and one or both won't become very good point guards but its the place I'd least like to be hoping (not that any freshman can't be unreliable).

Reaction Score
It's the most important position on the court and I'd rather not roll the dice with a 3* and a shooting guard trying to become a point guard. I'm not saying it can't work and one or both won't become very good point guards but its the place I'd least like to be hoping (not that any freshman can't be unreliable).

Also not sold on Ryan if he stays, which is doubtful. While it's not a must get spot, it's as damn close to one as you can have!

Reaction Score
I agree but if we miss on our top targets....it looks like we'll offer another 3 star out of urgency....and we already have one of those

caw

Reaction Score
It depends on if you think Ryan will be back, if Purvis can run point and how good you think Samuel might be. If you think Ryan is gone and the others aren't starter material, it's a position of need. If not, it's not.

Though I do like starting PGs overlapping and passing the torch. Taliek->Marcus->AJ->Kemba->Napier->??? Taliek struggled so much as a freshman partially because he didn't have that overlapping year with the previous starting PG.

Reaction Score

It would be nice to get someone in here to hopefully learn under a senior version of Boat if he doesn't leave, but to be realistic, none of these guys that we're recruiting at PG would be able to come in as a freshmen and run this team from day 1. Purvis trying to convert to a full time PG after a year of learning would probably be better than Snider imo.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I think we're going to need a PG one way or another next year, highly-rated or not.

If we get Snider, we can start Snider and Purvis, with Samuel as the backup. If we don't get Snider, we'll probably start Samuel and Purvis, with some lower-rated backup.

That second option scares the hell out of me. We'll basically have the equivalent of a PG tandem of Austrie starting and Beverly coming off the bench. No firepower whatsoever. Maybe we could convince Boat to come back.

Reaction Score
Jeez I think snider has usurped AMA in the overrated prospect delegated by the yard catagory. this narrative that we are in desperate need of a puppet master to orchestra the complex offense goes against the facts. Theoretically there could be three "pg's" on the roster come '14, already.

Reaction Score
I would not be comfortable with Terrence Samuel starting as a Sophomore.

If Purvis can do it that be huge. Would allow us to play him Calhoun and Hamilton at the same time.

Reaction Score
I often wonder if Ollie even needs ratings to evaluate point guards. After all he is an expert above and beyond 3-5 star recruits. Add Hobbs to the mix and I really feel that whoever they recruit will make our program better. Therefore these types of recruits who reject UConn should not make that much of a difference, actually I can't wait to see the next UConn point guard recruited by Ollie and Hobbs.

Bottom line: When it comes to point guards, I'm not worried.

Reaction Score
Any chance we recruit Rashad Vaughn as a PG/Combo guard and sell him the idea of him purvis and DHam sharing the rock? I am not familiar with vaughn's game, just know he is very highly rated, but seems like a reasonable strategy given our current position with PG recruits? Or do we just go all in on Dorsey the following year?

You gotta believe that at some point Ollie is gonna real in a highly rated PG. Gotta keep UConn as guardU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom