Jordan Fox - Recruit...any info? | The Boneyard

Jordan Fox - Recruit...any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey everyone. hope the holidays were great!

I just did a search on Twitter and saw that Jordan Fox LB out of St. Peters Prep in NJ picked up an offer from UConn. Do we know anything about this guy? Was this Diaco?

--C

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So we just offered - he didn't actually commit? It doesn't matter if he collects offers, we need him to verbal.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone. hope the holidays were great!

I just did a search on Twitter and saw that Jordan Fox LB out of St. Peters Prep in NJ picked up an offer from UConn. Do we know anything about this guy? Was this Diaco?

--C
Don't expect much of anything from recruiting this year. Diaco's time frame to get kids to change and/or commit is small. His best bet is try and keep the current commits and maybe grab a few from some of the schools that will have a coaching change (PSU comes to mind). He might even focus on a couple of surprise kids that he liked while at ND where ND had higher options commit ahead of them. But that is about the best that can be expected for this recruiting cycle.

He needs to make an impact next year when he has a full staff engaged from Day 1 along with a recruit list that matches whatever offensive and defensive philosophy he puts in place. Basically, if he can mirror what Adazzio accomplished this year at BC in terms of recruiting success in his first year, that will be a tremendous step forward.

Reaction Score
Don't expect much of anything from recruiting this year.

I don't know about that, P brought in 3 solid recruits in 2011 and he was hired much later than Diaco. I would be surprised if we didn't bring in 5 - 8 new recruits on top of what we already have.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know about that, P brought in 3 solid recruits in 2011 and he was hired much later than Diaco. I would be surprised if we didn't bring in 5 - 8 new recruits.

Difference being Coach P was handed the reigns to a successful winning program and left Coach D with a pile of crap. A little tougher road for the new guy I would think to sell the pile……..

Reaction Score
Not really a pile of crap. Plenty of talent with some holes to fill is how I see it.

Fair enough but a pile of crap as far as teams kicking the crap out of PP's despite having some talent. I apologize because they showed they have some talent but need a lot more………it's not apples-to-apples from Edsall/PP to PP/Diaco for sure no matter….kids do like to see wins and under PP they weren't sniffing a lot of bowls now were they?

Reaction Score
Difference being Coach P was handed the reigns to a successful winning program and left Coach D with a pile of crap. A little tougher road for the new guy I would think to sell the pile……..
You really need to let it go. No good use in throwing stones at Coach P anymore. That successful, winning program you referenced... how many major bowl games did they win? How many were they invited to? I want UConn to win the National Championship as much as anyone but please...... lets be realistic about the accomplishments so far in D-1. A lot of us wanted and thought that Pasqualoni could take UConn to the promised land but it didn't happen so now it's Diaco's turn. Got my fingers crossed that he does better, hope you do too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You really need to let it go. No good use in throwing stones at Coach P anymore. That successful, winning program you referenced... how many major bowl games did they win? How many were they invited to? I want UConn to win the National Championship as much as anyone but please...... lets be realistic about the accomplishments so far in D-1. A lot of us wanted and thought that Pasqualoni could take UConn to the promised land but it didn't happen so now it's Diaco's turn. Got my fingers crossed that he does better, hope you do too.

Let what go? I didn't think Edsall was all that either but Pasqualoni was a horrible hire from the get go……..I'm never here so have no idea what I need to let go. His teams were awful on the field, is this news to you?

Reaction Score
Fair enough but a pile of crap as far as teams kicking the crap out of PP's despite having some talent. I apologize because they showed they have some talent but need a lot more………it's not apples-to-apples from Edsall/PP to PP/Diaco for sure no matter….kids do like to see wins and under PP they weren't sniffing a lot of bowls now were they?

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I'll go ahead and write this isn't exactly true. In 2 out of last 3 seasons, we were down to the last game of the season to get bowl eligible at 5-6. We crapped the bed both times. 2013 was a disaster, that kudos to anyone who predicted it would happen, b/c there was plenty of material that we were closing out 2012 strong, and with schedule we had coming up? Whatever the reasons, the program stopped working between December 2012 and September 2013.

Now you can make good argument that some games in 2011 and 2012 were tossed away by either poor coaching, or poor play, or both combined and it's been rehashed a 1000 times over, and on the other side of that coin, you can make argument that beating Rutgers in their bid for the BCS game, beating a ranked Louisville on the road.....for instance, wouldn't have happened in other circumstances... etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

The fact is that the way the games played out, we were in position to get to 6-6 and bowl eligibility in both seasons that Pasqualoni completed as head coach at the last game of teh season. We failed both times.

Now - by no means am I saying that this is an acceptable level of performance by the UCONN football program. It's not. It's just not correct to say that this program wasnt "sniffing a lot of bowls".

Reaction Score
At the risk of opening a can of worms, I'll go ahead and write this isn't exactly true. In 2 out of last 3 seasons, we were down to the last game of the season to get bowl eligible at 5-6. We crapped the bed both times. 2013 was a disaster, that kudos to anyone who predicted it would happen, b/c there was plenty of material that we were closing out 2012 strong, and with schedule we had coming up? Whatever the reasons, the program stopped working between December 2012 and September 2013.

Now you can make good argument that some games in 2011 and 2012 were tossed away by either poor coaching, or poor play, or both combined and it's been rehashed a 1000 times over, and on the other side of that coin, you can make argument that beating Rutgers in their bid for the BCS game, beating a ranked Louisville on the road.....for instance, wouldn't have happened in other circumstances... etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

The fact is that the way the games played out, we were in position to get to 6-6 and bowl eligibility in both seasons that Pasqualoni completed as head coach at the last game of teh season. We failed both times.

Now - by no means am I saying that this is an acceptable level of performance by the UCONN football program. It's not. It's just not correct to say that this program wasnt "sniffing a lot of bowls".

Again fair enough ……. but being 5-5 looking to solidify a "bowl" isn't where UConn wants to be after playing Oklahoma in a BCS bowl is it?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again fair enough ……. but being 5-5 looking to solidify a "bowl" isn't where UConn wants to be after playing Oklahoma in a BCS bowl is it?

Absolutely not acceptable level of performance. I made that clear. It's just not correct to say that this team was nowhere near bowl eligibility under Pasqualoni.

The UCONN program in 2014, is not a rebuilding job, and I know that I am not going to make friends by saying this, but Diaco is inheriting a football program that is in much better shape as a roster, than the one Pasqualoni inherited in 2011. Those 2011 and 2012 still had enough talent and competitive nature to be in the mix until the last game of the season, and good argument can be made that some of that talent was not maximized - especially on offense. But all those coaches are gone.

The 2013 roster imploded, the program stopped functioning properly and it was cut off and tied up very early in the season. The players were able to figure it out, and the coaches that hung in with them, were able to figure it out and won 3 games straight to finish the season, the first such winning streak since 2010.

Diaco has his hands full with the job he's inherited. This program is capable of competing for and winning AAC titles, NOW, I believe, and there is plenty of evidence to show it.

The players, need to carry over what they built at the end of 2013 and bring it into 2014 with this new leadership. Football coaches are teachers and managers and external motivators for football players, the success of a team, a football program, is always about the players. That lesson, should be cemented home for all UCONN football fans by now, after paying attention to the 2013 season.

Reaction Score
Agree, well stated Carl. Not so sure on the "inheritance" comparison but I get where you're going. Diaco has a chance to compete in this conference right away though for sure but as you say, has his hands full.

Reaction Score
Diaco is not walking into an empty cupboard, but to say he's inheriting a program in better shape than the one PP did is a huge stretch. A lot of the "not enough talent" (What's Good) players PP walked into are playing and making meaningful contributions on Sunday. PP inherited a team that should have won at least 7 if not 8 games year one.

Diaco's biggest ?'s are in the trenches. If he solves for that, I like our chances for 8+ wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom