Jordan Brand Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Brand Classic

Reaction Score
That was a fun watch except for Jake Shuttleworth in the middle of the court the entire game getting in the way.

Harper and McNeeley put on a show.
Lol. He had on the Jordan's that Jake had on in the movie, too.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Key takeaways:

- As much as it pains me to say it, Flagg is the real deal. Plays with amazing energy and just an all around great player. Was the best overall player tonight.

-Dylan Harper is a stud. Great shooter and the best scorer on the floor tonight. Still can't believe the kid is going to Rutgers. Have to think that if for some reason he isn't one and done he will transfer after next season and go to a blue blood.

-McNeeley is phenomenal. 25 pts and won MVP. Best shooter from either team by far. Have to put on a full court press tomorrow and get him to commit. Won MVP, but Flagg probably had the better all around game.

-Nowell played very few minutes for some reason but definitely made the most of them. Showed great vision and was able to get downhill with ease and attack the basket. Going to be a great player for us. Can definitely tell how much more muscular and stronger he was than most of the guys out there tonight.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We can't let McNeely leave without signing tomorrow. Full court press....

He'd be the best shooter to ever put an UConn jersey on if he commits.
IMG_4698.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced on Harper - he could easily be the next DJ Wagner. We'll see.
He is magnitudes better than Wagner. Rutgers is going to have such a funny roster. 2 studs who would start at any blue blood right away and then a whole bunch of mid (and that’s being generous).

Reaction Score
McNeeley is such a pure scorer and would score a ton of points in our offense. He also is a lot more athletic than he gets credit for. Not in the Karaban and Spencer category there.
Karaban actually is a decent athlete and a pretty good jumper. That is why he blocks shots. I think Karaban is actually better athlete than McNeely or at least they are both on par. I agree with Spencer being worst athlete but is just so crafty with the ball which McNeely isn't. What McNeely has on both of them is he is a better pure shooter with a quick release.

Reaction Score
Meh he was ok. Good for DOOK. He and Noganda (sp) will be nice in the portal next year. I know I am spoiled and arrogant, but really enjoying it!!
Flagg will be in the draft lol.

Reaction Score
Karaban actually is a decent athlete and a pretty good jumper. That is why he blocks shots. I think Karaban is actually better athlete than McNeely or at least they are both on par. I agree with Spencer being worst athlete but is just so crafty with the ball which McNeely isn't. What McNeely has on both of them is he is a better pure shooter with a quick release.
The good news is that there is precedent for an effective offense that utilizes a guy with McNeely's skill set (i.e. Hawkins). I thought our offense with Spencer was actually better than with Hawkins, but we can clearly work with a catch-and-shoot guy even without the craftiness.

Reaction Score
The good news is that there is precedent for an effective offense that utilizes a guy with McNeely's skill set (i.e. Hawkins). I thought our offense with Spencer was actually better than with Hawkins, but we can clearly work with a catch-and-shoot guy even without the craftiness.
He's a lot more than a catch and shoot guy. He reminds a ton of Spencer, even has that little back foot fadeaway.

Reaction Score
Not just a catch and shoot guy, he's a versatile all around player.

Reaction Score
Flagg and Liam are both great players that are NBA bound. IMO- Liam is a better fit for what works in our Program and our culture. Hope he and his Family agree by the time they get on the plane heading back to Texas on Tuesday night.

Not a ton of separation between the two offensively .

Reaction Score
who was that guy? why was he on the court?
The guy on the court was calling the game. In the women's game it was the only announcing in most of the first half that was audible on the youtube stream, but may have been intended for the crowd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom