Jordan Adams To Usc | The Boneyard

Jordan Adams To Usc

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
agreed no surprise there. i wonder if Imani Stafford will follow suit... her recruitment has been quiet lately

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Now only if Hollivay will choose RU. Tennessee would have to go look for JC for this class. :p

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
agreed no surprise there. i wonder if Imani Stafford will follow suit... her recruitment has been quiet lately

Stafford is down to her final two, USC and Texas, per Hoopgurlz today. She eliminated UNC, Princeton and one other school.

I dont know her connection to Texas.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Stafford is down to her final two, USC and Texas, per Hoopgurlz today. She eliminated UNC, Princeton and one other school.

I dont know her connection to Texas.
Sounds to me like it will be USC. It's nice to see other teams recruit so well.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Sounds to me like it will be USC. It's nice to see other teams recruit so well.

USC recruits well, its keeping them healthy.

These are the recruits USC had on campus last weekend.
Top underclassmen visit Trojans

USC coach Michael Cooper has hosted some of the top 2012 prospects officially over the past two months. As the Trojans wait for No. 6 Jordan Adams and No. 10 Imani Stafford to make their college decisions, Cooper and his staff got a jump on the future by hosting several of the state's top young players last weekend. With the triple-overtime football thriller against Stanford (which ended in a 56-48 USC loss), the Women of Troy picked a good weekend to make an impression. From the class of 2013, they had No. 7 Kendall Cooper and No. 16 Erica McCall on hand. In the class of 2014, they had No. 4 Jordin Canada, No. 5 Gabby Green and No. 6 LaJahna Drummer on the yard as well.
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl...khadijah-sessions-headlines-visitation-nation

Reaction Score
They're building a nice WBB program at USC.

Funny I wish I could recall all the folks who complained loudly about Michael Cooper's hire saying that he'd was a terrible choice.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
No surprise here. Great pick up for Michael Cooper.

Stafford is likely going to USC as well. (just my hunch). Cooper's top player in WNBA was Lisa Leslie who is Stafford's Godmother or mentor or something along those lines. This is why I think she will end up as a Trojan. And its Lisa Leslie's Alma Mater.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As noted, no surprise. Best wishes to Jordan and USC. She'll rejoin a former Mater Dei teammate.

USC is definitely assembling talent. Will they get to the point of challenging Stanford's domination? A few more recruits and good coaching might do it.

Tennessee recruiting is having a tough year. Is it a temporary blip or the start of a trend?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As noted, no surprise. Best wishes to Jordan and USC. She'll rejoin a former Mater Dei teammate.

USC is definitely assembling talent. Will they get to the point of challenging Stanford's domination? A few more recruits and good coaching might do it.

Tennessee recruiting is having a tough year. Is it a temporary blip or the start of a trend?
well you know me. hoping it's the start of a trend for them.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is one thing. Coaching is another.

True, though one of the biggest criticisms of Cooper was that he would be a terrible recruiter since he had no college/high school connections.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score

Our recruiting class is ranked number 2-4 in the country depending on the site. Adams is the only player so far who has visited and committed elsewhere, and no Vol fan actually thought she was ours to lose. She would have been a welcome addition, but we didn't expect her to come. Hollivay would be a loss for us, but we have 3 excellent recruits already. Anyway Hollivay's decision plays out, it has hardly been a tough year.

Next year's recruiting class will tell us A LOT more about the state of Tennessee's recruiting. We should land the number one class or I would call it a disappointment. Depending on if we land Hollivay, maybe even if we do, I would say Russell is a must get. Deshields is a star player from the South whose mother ran track at Tenn. She's been around the program for years, so I would say losing her would be a dissappointment as well. We may need another guard/wing depending on Kamiko's redshirt status, and there a number of elite power forwards with interest in Tenn.

I expect a class of 3-5, and like I said, with the slots available, the number of elite players with interest in us this early, and the proximity of most of those players to the south, if we don't land a stellar class next year, I think it would say a lot more about the state of our program.

Reaction Score
Yeah! I am glad that Jordan decided to remain in Southern Calif.
UConn will always be my #1 team that I support and cheer for.....but USC is my adopted CA team since relocating from CT. I am looking forward to watching the USC program develop and hopefully seeing some good games.....especially if UConn gets some games scheduled with them in the future.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our recruiting class is ranked number 2-4 in the country depending on the site. Adams is the only player so far who has visited and committed elsewhere, and no Vol fan actually thought she was ours to lose. She would have been a welcome addition, but we didn't expect her to come. Hollivay would be a loss for us, but we have 3 excellent recruits already. Anyway Hollivay's decision plays out, it has hardly been a tough year.

Next year's recruiting class will tell us A LOT more about the state of Tennessee's recruiting. We should land the number one class or I would call it a disappointment. Depending on if we land Hollivay, maybe even if we do, I would say Russell is a must get. Deshields is a star player from the South whose mother ran track at Tenn. She's been around the program for years, so I would say losing her would be a dissappointment as well. We may need another guard/wing depending on Kamiko's redshirt status, and there a number of elite power forwards with interest in Tenn.

I expect a class of 3-5, and like I said, with the slots available, the number of elite players with interest in us this early, and the proximity of most of those players to the south, if we don't land a stellar class next year, I think it would say a lot more about the state of our program.
There are more players still in play. The class does look better than I recalled, but it may depend on Hollivay. If Tennessee does not get her, your class would be behind UConn and TAMU for sure and possibly ND, Duke, USC, and Maryland. Even if you get Hollivay, UConn and TAMU classes are clearly better.

Have you gotten any commits since Pat's health issue was made public? I feel for PHS, but it is a natural question to ask if and how that affects recruiting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Malina Howard, Alexis Jones, Ariel Butts, Imani Stafford, Jordan Adams, Brianna Butler, Breanna Adams and Rachel Hollivay were all players that tennessee was recruiting at one time or another. 5 of those were top 10 kids, Butler was top 20, and the other two outside the top 25. the only kid they are still in play for is Hollivay.

She's pretty much around 10 on everyone's list (8,10,10,11 per HG, ASGR, PBR and Blue Star). she's a solid player, but not in the same class as Charles, Stewart, Griner, Bone, or Russell. even Hoopgurlz called her a " Utility post with good energy". i don't doubt she has some upside. she is rated #10 after all. she's be a solid get for either Tenn or RU since her strengths seem to be defense and rebounding, which is what both programs usually seem to want out of their post players.

Mil's point was not how many kids visited campus and then decided to go elsewhere, it was the sheer volume of top kids Pat swung and missed on. After landing Carter very early, and then Graves and Jones, tennessee was eliminated by one kid after another.

but i do agree that next year will tell you a lot about the state of tenn recruiting. i would not be surprised to see pat hang it up after this year - not leave the program all together, but somehow really cut back on what she does. it's apparently really difficult to determine how fast someone will deteriorate once diagnosed with that disease. hopefully she's able to last coaching many more years, but in my limited experience (from families i know dealing with it), it wouldn't be long for someone at Pat's level to really feel the effects.

if you get Hollivay, i don't think Russell is a must get. IMHO tenn seems to be pretty solid across the board with multiple guards (simmons, massengale, carter), wings (davis, burdick), and forwards (graves, jones). the thing they are missing is some real depth at center... and i'm not sure if you consider davis more a guard and burdick more a forward. but they seem to be pretty flexible which is a good thing...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
"Adams is the only player so far who has visited and committed elsewhere....."

Huh? Didn't Alexis Jones visit? Malina Howard? Didn't you guys really want them? McDaniel? Those three are just off the top of my head. I thought Stewart and Jefferson visited as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UT already has at least Kaela Davis for next year, but the interesting question is how many more commits they get going forward.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah! I am glad that Jordan decided to remain in Southern Calif.
UConn will always be my #1 team that I support and cheer for.....but USC is my adopted CA team since relocating from CT. I am looking forward to watching the USC program develop and hopefully seeing some good games.....especially if UConn gets some games scheduled with them in the future.
Stafford's mother and aunt--the McGee twins--played at USC with Cheryl Miller. This looks like a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
well you know me. hoping it's the start of a trend for them.
You know I like this board sometimes because uconn fans are so knowledgeable about wcbb as a whole. I can come here to learn about so many teams and if it wasn't for the negative spew of some people...ugh. But this is the problem that is eye popping. A giant when it comes to wcbb is wounded and you have people that demise of her statue. That is very telling.... Why act like you care? That's why some fans raised eyebrows when uconn fans sent her a card of concern...wonder did they mention to her on the card that they wish her program demise. You represent some of these fans in a bad light. You post negative comments about Tenn constantly we get it you hate Tenn. If someone's health is in doubt why would you wish them bad... And that is sad. I would hope if the roles were reversed that Tenn would act this way

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You know I like this board sometimes because uconn fans are so knowledgeable about wcbb as a whole. I can come here to learn about so many teams and if it wasn't for the negative spew of some people...ugh. But this is the problem that is eye popping. A giant when it comes to wcbb is wounded and you have people that demise of her statue. That is very telling.... Why act like you care? That's why some fans raised eyebrows when uconn fans sent her a card of concern...wonder did they mention to her on the card that they wish her program demise. You represent some of these fans in a bad light. You post negative comments about Tenn constantly we get it you hate Tenn. If someone's health is in doubt why would you wish them bad... And that is sad. I would hope if the roles were reversed that Tenn would act this way
I'm not going to defend Eric. He can do that himself. I disagree with his public stance on Tennessee, but it's a UConn board and I suppose he has a right to post stuff like that if he wants.

You need to separate what he is saying about the person vs the program.

Now, your comment about if the roles were reversed, you would hope Tennessee fans would act differently. Based on the disgusting comments about Geno on The Summit, I believe it would be worse than anything you have read on this board about Pat.

Reaction Score
I have not seen anyone saying anthing but positive and encouraging things related to Pat's health. No one wishes ill health on any decent human being like PHS. Wishing poor basketball has nothing to do with and is not in conflict with the fact that we all wish her the best health-wise.

You mean to tell me that if Geno came up with health issues, some TN fans won't say "really sorry to hear that, wish him good health, hope UConn WBB does lousy?" Hope you are not that naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom