Jones/Mack | The Boneyard

Jones/Mack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It appears that Mack is a total guess at this point. We felt good about him, but now that seems to be waning. I think it is a good sign that Moore/Ollie are visiting him but a lot of people think he won't leave the south.

Jones we had given up on. 99 had mentioned last week that we were still in it. Is this still accurate? Everyone seems to think Virginia Tech, but he has waited longer than some people though to make a decision.

Recruiting gurus...who do we have the best shot with? Where do we stand?

Reaction Score
Think you mean Clarke instead of Jones here.

From what I've heard it's pretty much a toss-up for both between all the programs involved. Both kids are very good at keeping everyone in the dark.

Reaction Score
It appears that Mack is a total guess at this point. We felt good about him, but now that seems to be waning. I think it is a good sign that Moore/Ollie are visiting him but a lot of people think he won't leave the south.

Jones we had given up on. 99 had mentioned last week that we were still in it. Is this still accurate? Everyone seems to think Virginia Tech, but he has waited longer than some people though to make a decision.

Think you mean Clarke instead of Jones.

I'd estimate about a 25% chance for Clarke right now and a little higher for Mack. Not optimistic for Clarke unless something has changed drastically in last couple weeks. Mack seems like anyone's guess but VCU, UGA, and South Carolina all seem to have a legitimate shot as well.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
We are in a good spot for Mack, Clarke, and Jones. Any one of them could pick us.

Reaction Score
Think you mean Clarke instead of Jones.

I'd estimate about a 25% chance for Clarke right now and a little higher for Mack. Not optimistic for Clarke unless something has changed drastically in last couple weeks. Mack seems like anyone's guess but VCU, UGA, and South Carolina all seem to have a legitimate shot as well.

We will have to make a very hard sell to Mack at his point to get him. He has marked PT as his #1 criteria for choosing between schools. His mother also appears to be a huge factor in his decision despite conflicting reports. VCU has put more than a full court press on this kid and Georgia is a school where strong familiarity a family ties exist. My guess is we are in 3rd place right now with the full capability to bypass both teams with a very strong closing by KO. We just got a late start and focused on Clarke instead. IF Mack wants to challenge himself and push his game to the next level I think UConn should be his choice from a hoops perspective. The kid is a 4 yr player unless he gets in the right system to expedite an early entry after 3 years. I think Mack would blow up at UConn in his Jr. year and be on all the mock draft boards. Georgia & SC might be his choice if he is looking to coast. In other words play immediately and play ball for below average coaches. I don't think we want a player with that DNA anyways. Sometimes it takes a while in the recruiting process to figure that out.

Reaction Score
We will have to make a very hard sell to Mack at his point to get him. He has marked PT as his #1 criteria for choosing between schools. His mother also appears to be a huge factor in his decision despite conflicting reports. VCU has put more than a full court press on this kid and Georgia is a school where strong familiarity a family ties exist. My guess is we are in 3rd place right now with the full capability to bypass both teams with a very strong closing by KO. We just got a late start and focused on Clarke instead. IF Mack wants to challenge himself and push his game to the next level I think UConn should be his choice from a hoops perspective. The kid is a 4 yr player unless he gets in the right system to expedite an early entry after 3 years. I think Mack would blow up at UConn in his Jr. year and be on all the mock draft boards. Georgia & SC might be his choice if he is looking to coast. In other words play immediately and play ball for below average coaches. I don't think we want a player with that DNA anyways. Sometimes it takes a while in the recruiting process to figure that out.
My guess is Mack to Georgia and obscurity. This is only a guess but then again most recruiting commitments are really guesses.We have Omar, Purvis and Hamilton who can play his position so it isn't critical that we land any of them. Still, I would like to see us land Mack who appears to be the best outside shooter of the three.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My guess is Mack to Georgia and obscurity. This is only a guess but then again most recruiting commitments are really guesses.We have Omar, Purvis and Hamilton who can play his position so it isn't critical that we land any of them. Still, I would like to see us land Mack who appears to be the best outside shooter of the three.
We pushed hard to get Jones and when it became obvious that Jones wants Kentucky, KO looked elsewhere. First with Clarke and shortly after with Mack.

I have no clue which of the three we'll get if any, but I'm guessing that the reason KO is working so hard to get one of them is because he believes there is a better than even chance one or more of Omar, Purvis and Hamilton will be leaving after this season. :cool:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Not a recruiting guru. Wrote this in the Diamond Stone thread. Only addition is that Clarke announced he will be announcing this Thursday!

So you don't have to plow through everything here are the Cliff Notes version. Stone is making official visit to UConn starting Thursday. Down to four schools but appears to be two horse race between UConn and Wisconsin. No new news on Clarke but Virginia Tech seems to be in the lead. Moore scheduled to see Mack today and KO seeing him tomorrow. Who knows who leads. Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson and VCU are battling us. We're in the final five for Jones with Auburn, Kansas, Kentucky and UNLV. Kentucky is his dream school and most think UNLV leads, but no one knows. Briscoe has us, Kentucky and St. Johns as final three. Most think we're third on that pecking order. A guy name Johnny talked smack and was booted. Briscoe probably waiting to see what Newman is doing otherwise would be going to Kentucky and Newman is probably waiting to see if Stone heads to UConn because he may go to UConn as well. My wishful thinking fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom