Jonathan XV Ascends the Throne | The Boneyard

Jonathan XV Ascends the Throne

Reaction Score
10 months is kind of young, isn't it? Not even King Tut was that young. :)

Jonathan XV will officially take over as UConn's go-to Husky after months of preparation.

The 10-month-old Siberian Husky will take the reigns at a "Changing of the Collar" ceremony Sunday on Gampel Pavilion's center court during halftime of the men's basketball game.

Reaction Score
Hope older brother is doing well? This does seem fast.
For Jonathan XIV, retirement promises a slower pace as he eases into a quieter life as UConn’s elder statesdog.

He’ll still accompany Jonathan XV on daily walks, though, and along with attending many campus events — and, of course, going on ice cream dates with his special gal pal, K9 Tildy of the UConn Police Department.

“He’ll get to do all of the things he loves the most,” Centanni says. “He’ll enjoy watching his little brother take the reins on basketball games and other big, loud events – but don’t worry, he’ll still get plenty of excitement and playtime from his handlers and his family.”

Reaction Score
Hope older brother is doing well? This does seem fast.

My old coach is a police dog trainer... those dogs can start working at 12 months if they're really good. So 10 months for a position that doesn't require eating people seems normal to me.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I lobbied hard for a husky (to be named AJax) this past Christmas but my wife read one too many articles about how hard they are to deal with at times. Settled on a 7 month old German Shepherd pup…who’s 50lbs already.

Reaction Score
I lobbied hard for a husky (to be named AJax) this past Christmas but my wife read one too many articles about how hard they are to deal with at times. Settled on a 7 month old German Shepherd pup…who’s 50lbs already.
Did you name the Shepherd AJax? My Pit-bull’s name is Kemba. I wanted a Husky too, but it’s cruel to own one in SC.

Reaction Score
IMG_0453.jpeg
IMG_0454.jpeg

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I’m in the same boat, we’re dog-less currently. Would probably be named Calhoun or something.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Did you name the Shepherd AJax? My Pit-bull’s name is Kemba. I wanted a Husky too, but it’s cruel to own one in SC.
It's never cruel to rescue a Husky, anywhere!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I was outvoted there too. Lol.

Reaction Score
My old coach is a police dog trainer... those dogs can start working at 12 months if they're really good. So 10 months for a position that doesn't require eating people seems normal to me.
I hope he’s been trained to eat the other mascots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom