OT: - Jonathan XIII Has Series of Seizures | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Jonathan XIII Has Series of Seizures

Reaction Score
From 1935 until 1914 UConn's mascot has been a white husky. Why is that so hard to understand?
View attachment 47272
Jonathan history and pictures part 1
Jonathan history and pictures part 2
This is stupid even for you. You can try and change the argument all you want, instead of admitting you're wrong but it doesn't change you being wrong. We know exactly what logo you are talking about...

This isn't debatable, our old logo which we were known for is a Samoyed (not a White Husky or any other kind of husky.) Our new logo is a Siberian Husky. Not a Wolf, a Samoyed, a White Husky etc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is stupid even for you. You can try and change the argument all you want, instead of admitting you're wrong but it doesn't change you being wrong. We know exactly what logo you are talking about...

This isn't debatable, our old logo which we were known for is a Samoyed (not a White Husky or any other kind of husky.) Our new logo is a Siberian Husky. Not a Wolf, a Samoyed, a White Husky etc.
Geesh are you going to get all melty about this too? Take a break if you getting upset.

Bottom line. Herbst had them switch from all white husky for the first time since 1935. It was foolish break from tradition.

Reaction Score
Geesh are you going to get all melty about this too? Take a break if you getting upset.

Bottom line. Herbst had them switch from all white husky for the first time since 1935. It was foolish break from tradition.
I'm not trying to be mean but please stop with the stupidity. It's hard to believe how much you dig in when you're wrong. This is a Samoyed...
920x920.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
This is a Siberian Husky...
View attachment 47275
But clearly not an all white husky which was our tradition since 1935, right?

I can't help but note that when I linked to UConn foundation showing pictures of all the white Jonathans you started name calling. It's your tell when you are embarrassed by a position you've taken and yet are unwilling to admit it. But I see you are becoming more upset each post so feel free to get last the word in. Perhaps some name calling will make you feel momentarily better?

Reaction Score
But clearly not an all white husky which was our tradition since 1935, right?

I can't help but note that when I linked to UConn foundation showing pictures of all the white Jonathans you started name calling. It's your tell when you are embarrassed by a position you've taken and yet are unwilling to admit it. But I see you are becoming more upset each post so feel free to get last the word in. Perhaps some name calling will make you feel momentarily better?
I've told you I don't know how many times now the logo we're known for and have been talking about is a Samoyed. You are the one who changed the subject. Gaslighting becomes tiresome so please stop. Also, what names did I call you? Another nice way of changing the subject instead of just admitting you are wrong.

Let's get you on record now, the logo we're known for is a Husky or a Samoyed?
UConn-Featured.jpg

Reaction Score
You two are arguing about what the real life animal our cartoon drawing is? Okay. Carry on.
Of course it's totally unimportant but I'm kind of fascinated by people who are unwilling to admit they're wrong on trivial things, makes you wonder what lengths they'll go to on big things. CL82 and upstater always rise to the occasion.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Of course it's totally unimportant but I'm kind of fascinated by people who are unwilling to admit they're wrong on trivial things, makes you wonder what lengths they'll go to on big things. CL82 and upstater always rise to the occasion.

....who wants to tell him?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Can't you both be right? The all white husky has definitely been the live mascot for many a year. But looking at pics online, the image SJ posted of the cartoon version appears more like a Samoyed due to it's fluffier fur and smaller ears.

Reaction Score
Can't you both be right? The all white husky has definitely been the live mascot for many a year. But looking at pics online, the image SJ posted of the cartoon version appears more like a Samoyed due to it's fluffier fur and smaller ears.
Sure, if that's what we were talking about but it's not. We were talking about the new logo vs. the old one. The new one is a Siberian Husky and the old one is a Samoyed. He brought up the history of the dogs which I know but it's irrelevant to what we were talking about...

The new logo looks like a Siberian Husky because that's what it's based on (CL82 thinks it's a blue wolf.) The old logo looks like a Samoyed because that's what it's based on.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol, you are legend for going down the rabbit hole on any number of issues with any number of posters, well for that and for welching on bets. You realize that, right?

Any event feel free to melt as much as you'd like. It won't change the fact that UConn had a white husky as mascot from 1935 up until they made the change in 2014. I mean you realize that right?

CL82

Reaction Score
No doubt, but the mascot was a white husky. That was our unique brand. It was a mistake to leave something unique for something generic.

Reaction Score
Lol, you are legend for going down the rabbit hole on any number of issues with any number of posters, well for that and for welching on bets. You realize that, right?

Any event feel free to melt as much as you'd like. It won't change the fact that UConn had a white husky as mascot from 1935 up until they made the change in 2014. I mean you realize that right?
Let's get you on record now, the logo we're known for is a Husky or a Samoyed?
View attachment 47276
Lol, he's still doing it. This is called gaslighting folks.

Reaction Score
Lol, well now, sure.
Always been the rule but I wasn't aware of it. I offered to put up a grand and have someone from the board hold it or set up a paypal and wasn't taken up on it. That was all a no no, not allowed.

What the hell, I'll ask again. The previous logo, the logo we're known for isn't a Samoyed?

Current logo isn't a Siberian Husky?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I offered up a grand a bunch of times as collateral, again not allowed. Was actually told not to talk about it as well. So I'll shut up.

If you're that hard up for cash you can always use your sorcery...
View attachment 47286
But your word is always good...

Reaction Score

That's exactly the point, it's not allowed. I offered a grand up many times to make it happen and he wouldn't go through with it. He keeps all his money under his mattress and we live in different parts of the country. Even without the no cash bets allowed it wasn't happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom