Jon Rothstein: 25 Impact Transfers For The 20-21 Season | The Boneyard

Jon Rothstein: 25 Impact Transfers For The 20-21 Season

Reaction Score

2 UConn players and 5 total Big East players mentioned. With a lot of high profile names at new schools and being immediately eligible (along with the sit out guys that can now play this year), should make for a great season. I also do wonder if moving forward, this essentially set the stage for allowing guys to transfer without having to sit out a season. To my knowledge, only a few transfers were denied immediate eligibility, most were granted the waiver.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

2 UConn players and 5 total Big East players mentioned. With a lot of high profile names at new schools and being immediately eligible (along with the sit out guys that can now play this year), should make for a great season. I also do wonder if moving forward, this essentially set the stage for allowing guys to transfer without having to sit out a season. To my knowledge, only a few transfers were denied immediate eligibility, most were granted the waiver.

R.J. Cole, UConn: Deeply entrenched confidants in Storrs are already raving about Cole’s knack for finding the open man and setting the table. After averaging 21.4 points and 6.4 assists two seasons ago at Howard, don’t be surprised if Cole instantly emerges into one of the Big East’s top facilitators next season.

Chief getting a Rothstein shoutout!

Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin, UConn: Like Cole, Martin will have an immediate impact for the Huskies next season. The 6-6 wing averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds last year at Rhode Island and should flourish under Dan Hurley. Martin initially committed to play for Hurley in the Atlantic 10 before Hurley opted to take his current post at UConn in 2018.

Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin, UConn: Like Cole, Martin will have an immediate impact for the Huskies next season. The 6-6 wing averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds last year at Rhode Island and should flourish under Dan Hurley. Martin initially committed to play for Hurley in the Atlantic 10 before Hurley opted to take his current post at UConn in 2018.
Really curious to see how the line ups shake out early in the season and by the seasons end. Seems like there are a lot of line up combinations, especially compared to the end of last season where we really only had 8 guys to play. 12 guys this season might see a decent amount of minutes throughout the year. Martin feels like a guy that will play a lot, especially early on.

Reaction Score
Really curious to see how the line ups shake out early in the season and by the seasons end. Seems like there are a lot of line up combinations, especially compared to the end of last season where we really only had 8 guys to play. 12 guys this season might see a decent amount of minutes throughout the year. Martin feels like a guy that will play a lot, especially early on.

I expect he'll start and play big minutes arly on and see his minutes decrease as Andre adjusts to D1 ball and Akok comes back

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised by guess I shouldn't be that AG isn't mentioned here?

He wasn't very good for us and hasn't been healthy. He certainly has a chance to be an impact player, but it's definitely no sure thing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
R.J. Cole, UConn: Deeply entrenched confidants in Storrs are already raving about Cole’s knack for finding the open man and setting the table. After averaging 21.4 points and 6.4 assists two seasons ago at Howard, don’t be surprised if Cole instantly emerges into one of the Big East’s top facilitators next season.

I beg to differ. Clearly he is referring this post:

1601486291761.png

Reaction Score
I expect he'll start and play big minutes arly on and see his minutes decrease as Andre adjusts to D1 ball and Akok comes back
My thoughts exactly. I also hope we see a line up of JG, JB, AJ, TM, and AA/IW at some point even if for a short period. Can’t recall a line up in recent memory with more athleticism than that one. Would be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. I also hope we see a line up of JG, JB, AJ, TM, and AA/IW at some point even if for a short period. Can’t recall a line up in recent memory with more athleticism than that one. Would be fun to watch.

That is my starting lineup by mid-January if Akok comes back healthy. Polley at the 3 and Martin the 4 if not.

C

Chief00

The coaches and players get all the credit. Chief is just enjoying the ride and observing the ballers improving their games.

Reaction Score
That is my starting lineup by mid-January if Akok comes back healthy. Polley at the 3 and Martin the 4 if not.
I hope we don't see that as Polley is much too slow to play the 3 for us. Hopefully reports are correct and Polley has beefed up for us as he will be a perfect stretch 4 at his height and with his length.

Reaction Score
I hope we don't see that as Polley is much too slow to play the 3 for us. Hopefully reports are correct and Polley has beefed up for us as he will be a perfect stretch 4 at his height and with his length.
Especially after knee surgery, I agree that he’ll be playing more 4 than anything. But if you have he, Martin, and Jackson on the floor at the same time, it would allow a lot of switching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom