Johnson out tomorrow | The Boneyard

Johnson out tomorrow

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
At this point I doubt we will see him play much, if at all, this season. We are deep into the meat and he hasn’t been able to practice in two months.
Who said he hasn’t practiced?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Barely:

Following Tuesday’s practice, Hurley provided an update on forward Samson Johnson’s right foot injury.
"He's doing better," Hurley said. "He's actually done some non-live drills. We just have to see how his foot progresses. But he's doing some shooting, moving around a little bit. We'll just see how the foot reacts."

So I don’t see his conditioning being there at the very least.

Reaction Score
Barely:

Following Tuesday’s practice, Hurley provided an update on forward Samson Johnson’s right foot injury.
"He's doing better," Hurley said. "He's actually done some non-live drills. We just have to see how his foot progresses. But he's doing some shooting, moving around a little bit. We'll just see how the foot reacts."

So I don’t see his conditioning being there at the very least.
A lot of season left

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
At this point I doubt we will see him play much, if at all, this season. We are deep into the meat and he hasn’t been able to practice in two months.

Since we're already 9 deep, I wouldn't imagine he's coming into 20-30 minutes a night anyway. Once he's healthy, he can work in a few minutes a night and build up his conditioning from there. Giving Karaban a rest here and there will be a huge help even if he isn't ready for big minutes.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Since we're already 9 deep, I wouldn't imagine he's coming into 20-30 minutes a night anyway. Once he's healthy, he can work in a few minutes a night and build up his conditioning from there. Giving Karaban a rest here and there will be a huge help even if he isn't ready for big minutes.
Don't underestimate how important the rest for Karaban will be. I already think he has shown some effects of the minutes he has been playing

Reaction Score
To quote this morning's Courant, "[Johnson] has participated in non-live drills and taken shots, while moving around a bit to see how the foot reacts."

May I respectfully suggest that "moving around a bit to see how the foot reacts" is light-years away from contributing in any meaningful way in BE basketball competition. The idea that Samson Johnson, barely into rehab, is a better near-term option than a robustly-healthy Richie Springs remains, as my Trappist uncle used to say, "one of the great mysteries of the Church."

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate how important the rest for Karaban will be. I already think he has shown some effects of the minutes he has been playing
This is pretty much the only reason to get him back into the rotation at this point (and deal with a few of the beefier PFs we'll face). Spelling Karaban for 5-10 min a night and with some well timed switches could work the subs around some TV timeouts and get him more like 10-20 min of actual rest time. Just look what it does for Sanogo, he has rarely if ever looked gassed this season because of how Clingan is being used

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
book GIF

Johnson. Samson Johnson. Not seein' him.

Reaction Score
To quote this morning's Courant, "[Johnson] has participated in non-live drills and taken shots, while moving around a bit to see how the foot reacts."

May I respectfully suggest that "moving around a bit to see how the foot reacts" is light-years away from contributing in any meaningful way in BE basketball competition. The idea that Samson Johnson, barely into rehab, is a better near-term option than a robustly-healthy Richie Springs remains, as my Trappist uncle used to say, "one of the great mysteries of the Church."
The problem with feet is they are also one of those injuries that can be a chronic issue. The foot is a rugged, yet finely tuned engineering marvel. Once it breaks, it requires to heal. Otherwise you’re shifting the problem somewhere else… other foot mechanics, ankle, knee, hip.

Reaction Score
I agree with both of these takes.

I don't think we're going to get much from him this year (frankly, I didn't think we'd get much from him before he got hurt), but the emergence of Karaban means we just need Johnson for 5-10 mpg of average, don't-hurt-us minutes to provide a lift.

Reaction Score
He'll have missed 2/3 of season before he's back. Get him a medical redshirt. We'll need him more the next 2 years.

Reaction Score
He'll have missed 2/3 of season before he's back. Get him a medical redshirt. We'll need him more the next 2 years.
If his sights are on the NBA/leaving early at some point and we don't anticipate him being a full 4 year guy (5 on campus), then an extra year of eligibility is irrelevant and might as well play him this year to get him more seasoning for next year.

Reaction Score
If his sights are on the NBA/leaving early at some point and we don't anticipate him being a full 4 year guy (5 on campus), then an extra year of eligibility is irrelevant and might as well play him this year to get him more seasoning for next year.
We've seen next to nothing of him. He's far from being an NBA player.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Huh? Lol

Reaction Score

Both of these statements can be true. He's probably closer on the spectrum to a medical redshirt than playing 15 games averaging 20 mins a night this season.

Both possibilities are probably on the table and will depend on how his foot reacts.

Reaction Score
Been saying this all along. Very skeptical on seeing him being able to get “a decent amount quality minutes”. Hope he can come around though with his ability to play, someone mentioned awhile back that he has a lot of NBA upside.

Was trying to explain this to HooperScooper earlier; thread #170……

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Respectfully, you have absolutely no idea how close he is to contributing based on that little blurb.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

the dude your opinion GIF

Reaction Score
Johnson is out every day. (board is lacking since Akok is now out somewhere else)
Dang, you beat me to it. I was going to post something along the lines of, "Kind of an extreme crowd-participation gimmick, but, ok, I'm in! I better not be the only one doing it, though! Don't leave me hanging!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom