Johnny McEntee | The Boneyard

Johnny McEntee

Status
Not open for further replies.

htg

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me why PP sticks with this kid, his inconsistency is ridiculous. You've got Nebrich on the bench, pootentially a young stud. Why not let him have this year to work through the mental issues and get comortable. In a year we did not have high expectations for, wouldn't you like to know the answer to that question?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
a) because maybe Pasqualoni knows enough about football to realize that McEntee can't make the receivers catch easily catchable balls.

b) Pasqualoni thinks Nebrich is nowhere near ready to play.

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me why PP sticks with this kid, his inconsistency is ridiculous. You've got Nebrich on the bench, pootentially a young stud. Why not let him have this year to work through the mental issues and get comortable. In a year we did not have high expectations for, wouldn't you like to know the answer to that question?
McEntee had perhaps his best game as a Husky. Throws were spot on. He had good protection and put the ball where it was needed. Did not fold under pressure. The game came down to about 5 or 6 plays which they made and we did not. Cannot bash Johnny for yesterday's mess.

Reaction Score
Yep. That was his best game as a Husky. But he still sailed multiple ball out of bounds. Once again had INTs dropped as well as passes. His only TD came in garbage time. Still can't pick up the blitz.

And we still get the coach is infallible posts. Did you watch the game? Did it look like the coach is infallible.

Reaction Score
Rich,

From my vantage point there were at least 10 balls that were uncatchable. And I wasn't counting. A handful weren't even within 5-10 feet of the receiver.

Why play a walk on junior QB who obviously is not going to bring us long term success ?

Reaction Score
Rich,

From my vantage point there were at least 10 balls that were uncatchable. And I wasn't counting. A handful weren't even within 5-10 feet of the receiver.

Why play a walk on junior QB who obviously is not going to bring us long term success ?
He threw 43 times. Only 10 uncatchable is reasonable. Of the other 33 how many were caught? Not many. Of those, how many were right between the numbers? A lot.

Reaction Score
Yep. That was his best game as a Husky. But he still sailed multiple ball out of bounds. Once again had INTs dropped as well as passes. His only TD came in garbage time. Still can't pick up the blitz.

And we still get the coach is infallible posts. Did you watch the game? Did it look like the coach is infallible.
Show us where someone said the coach is infallible. Stop making stuff up.

Reaction Score
I firmly believe that if 7 of the 10 drops were caught, we win. That doesn't mean I think he is great. But he didn't lose the game for us.

Reaction Score
b) Pasqualoni thinks Nebrich is nowhere near ready to play

And you know for a fact that he is.

At this point, given that we are out of the running for the BE title, I'm 100% in favor of letting Nebrich play the last two games. I think he should get 100% of the snaps as well, because it isn't about winning at this point, and we know what McCummings can do (run) and what he can't (pass).

But this team has had so many issues (specials, defense at times, blocking, tackling) that it is folly to say that we'd have a much better record with Nebrich.

Reaction Score
Rich,

If you watch any game there are plays where there are bad throws bad routes bad blocking bad reads. Even Peyton Manning doesn't make every throw. Yesterday Johnny Mac made every throw that he had to to win the game. Thought that he played as well as Bridgewater. Thought that coaches did everything possible to set up schemes to get guys open.

Great TD pass to Kashif. Glad for that kid. He has given everything and more to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Great TD pass to Kashif. Glad for that kid. He has given everything and more to UCONN.

+1

Had one costly drop yesterday in the 3rd qtr, but overall had a big game and has been part of the heart & soul of this team in his time here, primarily since the Jazz tragedy. I've become a fan of his.

Reaction Score
Just my two cents for what its worth.

JM has thrown how many passes that should have been picked off but were dropped by the defense? 10-15 this season? His over throws are a perfect spiral. Most of his other throws are loose. Not making an excuse for the poor receiver play. Just saying that NO ONE, except a garbage can, can catch his passes.

Reaction Score
If you watch any game there are plays where there are bad throws bad routes bad blocking bad reads. Even Peyton Manning doesn't make every throw. Yesterday Johnny Mac made every throw that he had to to win the game. Thought that he played as well as Bridgewater. Thought that coaches did everything possible to set up schemes to get guys open.

Misfired on a sure TD to a wide open Isiah Moore (I believe) who was forced to fall out of bounds, taking 4 points off the table when we settled for a FG.

You miss out when you consider all completions to be good. They aren't all good throws, and some of them hurt you worse than some of the incompletions that upset everyone.

Reaction Score
Misfired on a sure TD to a wide open Isiah Moore (I believe) who was forced to fall out of bounds, taking 4 points off the table when we settled for a FG.

You miss out when you consider all completions to be good. They aren't all good throws, and some of them hurt you worse than some of the incompletions that upset everyone.

Yes that should have been a touchdown, but to be fair he put that ball right where you want the qb to put it (right on the sideline where no one but his guy could get it). The ball he threw to Moore in the first quarter was on the hands and in stride and was going to be turned up field for a touchdown. The pass to K. Moore also would have been at minimum a huge gain putting us in FG range as he would have had time and space to turn it up field, possibly beating the last defender for a TD. Sure he had some really bad misfires yesterday, but he is what he is and to my count he only threw one that probably should have been intercepted (but I could be wrong). If we have a QB play the way he did yesterday all year long (solid, so so, whatever you want to call it) this team is in good position to go back to a BCS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom