Johnnie Harris named head coach at Auburn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Johnnie Harris named head coach at Auburn

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Was it previously measured in JPMs?
In fairness though, NPMs are a much faster unit of measure than JPMs. How many years did it take them to go from coaching change to missing the NCAAT? It happened in one season in the latest example.

Reaction Score
How would we grade Coach Harris's first two assistant hires?

Damitria Buchanan from Kanas (was their AC/recruiting coordinator) and Ketara Chapel (was U TX's Director of Player Development). Both played for Coach Harris at TAMU and MS State, respectively.

Reaction Score
How would we grade Coach Harris's first two assistant hires?

Damitria Buchanan from Kanas (was their AC/recruiting coordinator) and Ketara Chapel (was U TX's Director of Player Development). Both played for Coach Harris at TAMU and MS State, respectively.
On paper both are young and high energy. They know what Coach Harris wants from a player and they both played the game at a high level on highly competitive teams. They are going to be able to relay to the players why Coach Harris is doing what she is doing and what she expects. I’m sure both are going to be loyal. However it is a long way from the associate head coach chair to the head coach chair. Neither assistant can provide Coach Harris with the head coach experience and feedback she is going to need. Coach Schaefer fell on his face as a head coach before being so successful the second time around. Having an experienced assistant, especially one with head coaching experience, is invaluable when you are out on your own the first time.
Overall the hires are fine but neither is, at this time, a homerun.

Reaction Score
Well, breaking news is that the other hire is a bit of doozy: Bob Starkey is coming to the Plains from Blair's staff at TAMU! Wow!

Reaction Score
Well, breaking news is that the other hire is a bit of doozy: Bob Starkey is coming to the Plains from Blair's staff at TAMU! Wow!
That is a VERY GOOD hire

Reaction Score

Well we know they’ll be playing good defense

Reaction Score

Interesting. Blair retirement looming I guess.

Reaction Score
I would think Kelly Bond-White would be the 'next-in-line' person for TAMU, if she wants it. I think she's not really been all that interested in HC opportunities before, though.

Reaction Score
I have no idea, but I wouldn't guess moving would hurt his chances much?
Ya think? Lol. I guess he didn’t want to be a head coach. Great get on her part. Gonna be fun in the SEC as usual.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom