John Oliver stand-up | The Boneyard

John Oliver stand-up

Reaction Score
Saw John Oliver over the weekend at Foxwoods. The guy is a GREAT stand-up comedian. Surprisingly the show wasn't that political, but my Lord does he have a great stage presence, timing and material.

Haven't been to Foxwoods in years (probably well over a decade). I had forgotten how in-the-middle-of-nowhere that place is when compared to Mohegan Sun. Also, it's a little old/run-down feeling in comparison to MS. Finally, we spent over an hour trying to get out of the parking garage, what a royal CF that was.

Long story short though, go see John Oliver if he ever comes back around.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Saw John Oliver over the weekend at Foxwoods. The guy is a GREAT stand-up comedian. Surprisingly the show wasn't that political, but my Lord does he have a great stage presence, timing and material.

Haven't been to Foxwoods in years (probably well over a decade). I had forgotten how in-the-middle-of-nowhere that place is when compared to Mohegan Sun. Also, it's a little old/run-down feeling in comparison to MS. Finally, we spent over an hour trying to get out of the parking garage, what a royal CF that was.

Long story short though, go see John Oliver if he ever comes back around.
He's brilliant and I would love to see him.

Agree with you re Foxwoods. Looks like a Far Side character retirement community.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
great way to put it - it's one of the most depressing "fun" places I've visited.

They both are. I stayed at the Sun for my birthday for a couple of weeknights a few years ago - at 10pm it made Hartford look kicking.

I spent one night in the new hotel tower this year on a Thursday. The hotel is amazing. The comedy club was great - opener was from UConn gotta dig up his name - but by 10:30 there was like 2 craps tables and more vacuums than customers.

No idea how those two places are going to cover the debt. They are ghost towns more often than not.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They both are. I stayed at the Sun for my birthday for a couple of weeknights a few years ago - at 10pm it made Hartford look kicking.

I spent one night in the new hotel tower this year on a Thursday. The hotel is amazing. The comedy club was great - opener was from UConn gotta dig up his name - but by 10:30 there was like 2 craps tables and more vacuums than customers.

No idea how those two places are going to cover the debt. They are ghost towns more often than not.
I go to Mohegan Sun a few times a year to see shows and/or games and it seems to be a thriving metropolis compared to Foxwoods. Not electric, but at least a pulse. Can always find a good meal and the shows have been good (Dylan, Prince, The Who, Neil Diamond). I noticed that they have some free shows coming up at the Wolf Den with bigger artists than they generally get there, and ones I'd like to see like Joan Osborne and Anderson East. I have them both penciled in on my calendar; it's 35-40 minutes door to door for me so not a bad little escape for a day.

Went to Foxwoods on a Saturday to make a Christmas purchase for my wife at one of the stores there around five years ago and I could have fired an automatic weapon without hitting anyone. Went there last year with the family to see the Beatles memorabilia exhibit and have dinner at Guy Fieri's place and the place was mobbed with Red Sox fans there for some kind of fan/player convention event, which appears to be the way they get people there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom