John Dorsey for NFL Exec. of the Year... | The Boneyard

John Dorsey for NFL Exec. of the Year...

Reaction Score
If the rumors are true (the morning edition of the Hartford Courant), then the UConn Alum is THE candidate. Prying O.B.J. from the Giants for the Browns' 1st & 3rd draft choices & safety Jabril Peppers gives Baker Mayfield quite the receiver corps when paired with Jarvis Landry.
My question is did Gettleman get enough in return? AND, what will he do with TWO first rounders? Stay tuned.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Turned around the Chiefs, now the Browns. One of the best ever here at UConn, a beast. He looks like he could play now too.

Reaction Score
Loved Dorsey when he was with the Packers.

I think the giants did well in the trade and the Browns did as well. It was a win win.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I wish the Giants could trade GMs...Gettleman for Dorsey, straight up.

Reaction Score
As a Giants fan I hope Gettleman does not wind up with a record like Emile Francis who destroyed the Whalers.

Reaction Score
Difference: Giants are moving nowhere.

Chiefs tore apart their defense. Andy Reid might get exposed some now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As a Giants fan I hope Gettleman does not wind up with a record like Emile Francis who destroyed the Whalers.
Francis didn't destroy the Whalers. He put together a squad that almost won the Stanley Cup. It was the jamokes that came after.

Reaction Score
Difference: Giants are moving nowhere.

Chiefs tore apart their defense. Andy Reid might get exposed some now.

Their defense was an embarrassment. People are losing their minds that they let Houston and Ford go, but Ford doesn’t fit the 4-3 and Houston doesn’t really either. Impressed they got a second rounder for Ford.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
The chiefs just dumped all of dorseys bad contracts that put them in a bad spot salary cap wise. He did good with KC but wasnt the best with money. Houston and Berry were both bad Dorsey contracts. All though houston had just come off a 22 sack season.

KC will load up in the draft and with roster cut guys on the defensive side.

Reaction Score
The chiefs just dumped all of dorseys bad contracts that put them in a bad spot salary cap wise. He did good with KC but wasnt the best with money. Houston and Berry were both bad Dorsey contracts. All though houston had just come off a 22 sack season.

KC will load up in the draft and with roster cut guys on the defensive side.

Of course now they will have this to deal with

Investigation involving Chiefs WR Hill underway

Reaction Score

My bad Waquoit, it was Ed Johnston who killed the franchise as a GM.

Reaction Score
KC has Patrick Mahomes because of John Dorsey. And yet KC fans are sick lemmings that they acted like they discovered the cure for cancer when Dorsey was let go.

I hope Cleveland wins a million Super Bowls before KC wins another.

Reaction Score
KC has Patrick Mahomes because of John Dorsey. And yet KC fans are sick lemmings that they acted like they discovered the cure for cancer when Dorsey was let go.

I hope Cleveland wins a million Super Bowls before KC wins another.

Read up on why chiefs have Mahomes. It wasn’t Dorsey.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I read this analogy on dorsey recently ... “hes a great house flipper but not a great interior designer.” An amazing eye for talent but no good with the money. Id take him in a heartbeat to work for UConn.

Reaction Score
If the rumors are true (the morning edition of the Hartford Courant), then the UConn Alum is THE candidate. Prying O.B.J. from the Giants for the Browns' 1st & 3rd draft choices & safety Jabril Peppers gives Baker Mayfield quite the receiver corps when paired with Jarvis Landry.
My question is did Gettleman get enough in return? AND, what will he do with TWO first rounders? Stay tuned.

JMO but I think the Giants fleeced The Browns in this deal. OBJ is a great player but he is a total primadonna. The Giants are going into rebuild mode, and you don't build around players that are divisive influences in the locker room.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
A KC-based fluff piece from some guys looking to diminish Dorsey after he was out the door?

Dorsey was the GM for Hunt, Hill, Peters, Kelce, Fisher and Mahomes in KC. Somehow the Chiefs stockpiled a stacked roster in spite of him. The Browns go from historically bad to almost-.500 to a playoff contender almost overnight. Apparently he peed in someone's cheerios in KC. Let's see what kind of cereal they're eating over the next couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom