John Dorsey at it again | The Boneyard

John Dorsey at it again

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The signing of Hunt was slick. Cleveland has 8 picks in the first 5 rounds of the draft. They have the fifth-most cap space in 2019 (82.5m). I don't care how he went out in KC, he built a monster there that Andy Reid will pizz away. Let's hope the Browns give him the keys to the castle. He is building something special there - I'd already call them a darkhorse playoff team for 2019. He should have been NFL exec of the year - basically stocked the Chiefs AND Browns for the future.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He is doing a nice job, but I would wait on declaring him slick for the Hunt move. I am glad the Jets stayed away from Hunt.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He is doing a nice job, but I would wait on declaring him slick for the Hunt move. I am glad the Jets stayed away from Hunt.
If it never works out, they have Chubb. The key is that he knows Hunt. Knows that he was the most dynamic RB in the league, and probably has a good feel as to whether this was a moment of weakness or correctable behavior versus the kid being a habitual nitwit.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If it never works out, they have Chubb. The key is that he knows Hunt. Knows that he was the most dynamic RB in the league, and probably has a good feel as to whether this was a moment of weakness or correctable behavior versus the kid being a habitual nitwit.
Maybe...but would KC release "the. Most dynamic RB in the league" if it was just a moment of weakness?

It may work out, but it feels like a risky signing.

Reaction Score
Is it slick because he went to Uconn? My guess is it might be less slick if we say hired art briles as OC.

You know what they say, the first time a guy hits a girl is the hardest. That’s not a moment of weakness, that’s weak character. You want to turn an eye because he can move the sticks on Sundays, maybe it says something about your character.

Reaction Score

KC cut a top 3 running back in the league. My guess is they did some investigating. I like Dorsey, he is a UCONN guy, and I appreciate what he did when he was with my favorite team (Packers), but I was disappointed he made this signing.

Just like the Redskins picking up Ruben Foster shortly after his release, this shows that for some, talent is what it’s all about. Hunt needs to commit himself to addressing his obvious issues. This was not the first incident involving assaulting a woman of reports are to be believed.

Disappointed in Dorsey’s decision.

Reaction Score
Not sure the signing of Hunt qualifies as slick. He's a very talented RB that nobody else wanted.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wish Benedict could hire Dorsey as GM for the football team.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I picked Baker with the last pick in my fantasy draft. I will enjoy that keeper.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the signing for 2 reasons.

1. He's a low life no matter what he does from here on out.

2. They have Nick Chubb and maybe Duke Johnson, if they keep him. Not sure I saw the need in taking the PR hit/consistent questions on this one.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
As a chiefs fan i liked dorsey but his management of player salaries and cap space was not very good. Justin houston and eric berry come to mind.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wish DB wasn't involved in anything UConn athletics

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I don't have an issue with DB as I think the issue was more from the above him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As a chiefs fan i liked dorsey but his management of player salaries and cap space was not very good. Justin houston and eric berry come to mind.
I hope he has a guy to deal with cap issues because the guy is a proven talent spotter. Back when Ron Wolf was getting kudos as the Packers GM for consistently finding players late in the draft, Dorsey was his director of college scouting.

C

Chief00

Every once in awhile you see a post and a light goes off.

I remember John in college, He was a good guy and a pretty good pick up basketball player.

Reaction Score
It was all Sashi Brown, accumulating picks via trading back and tanking can turn a team around.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was all Sashi Brown, accumulating picks via trading back and tanking can turn a team around.
My tookus it was all Sashi Brown. Tanking and accumulating picks is the easy part. Turning those picks into players is the hard part.

Reaction Score

Wow, when DB was hired, people were saying nice things, now DB is hated. Sorry, I'm still undecided on DB, but I think he made some good choices..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sashi is a genius, he's made Cleveland unbreakable. He also wouldn't have taken a RB with the first pick of the second round.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
All that cap space and picks is a product of Sashi Brown. Dorsey is going to get all the credit though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom