John Calipari hints at negative recruiting | The Boneyard

John Calipari hints at negative recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yeah, I feel bad for him -- he never has any success pulling top classes out of a hat.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Someone threw a rock into a pack of dogs....Calipari just yelped like heck....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
he isn't going to sit there and take it? what's he going to do? negative recruit back? i'd love to see him go all John Chaney on someone

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
When Calipari was an assistant at Pitt (mid 1980's) he supposedly (Calipari denies it ever happened but to this dayrefuses to speak to the squid) told a recruit that he shouldn't go to St John's because Louie has cancer, and will retire soon.

Reaction Score
And people wonder why I have this silly Avatar and talk about this prince of a guy so much.......

Reaction Score
He made his bed, now he can lie in it. No sympathy here, we deal with Jay Wright every year. If he thinks other schools aren't going to bring up his checkered past he is naive.

I don't understand the Jay Wright reference. Can you elaborate?

Reaction Score
I don't understand the Jay Wright reference. Can you elaborate?

Jay Wright is notoriously a negative recruiter, particularly as it concerns UConn. I think he may have been one of the folks telling kids Calhoun was near death as a reason they should not go to UConn. Others may know/recollect more.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright is notoriously a negative recruiter, particularly as it concerns UConn. I think he may have been one of the folks telling kids Calhoun was near death as a reason they should not go to UConn. Others may know/recollect more.

i have a hard time believing this

Reaction Score

I've read that in the past on these boards, but I have never heard JC or anyone ever referring to wright him specifically. That's the only reason why I ask.

Reaction Score
winning national championships from his deathbed...classic.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Wait! Wait! Wait! What was that line in the middle again??? Study??? at Kentucky??

Reaction Score
I've read that in the past on these boards, but I have never heard JC or anyone ever referring to wright him specifically. That's the only reason why I ask.

Yeah, as far as this concerned I am only going based on what I have seen at least a handful of people post on this board.

Reaction Score
Did they vacate Kensucky's Final Four yet ?

Seriously, from the start it saddened me that a program like Kentucky signed up this guy... he's going to disgrace them eventually.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Did they vacate Kensucky's Final Four yet ?

Seriously, from the start it saddened me that a program like Kentucky signed up this guy... he's going to disgrace them eventually.
we can only hope. or perhaps he's learned his lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom