John Brannen post game Uconn 2/9/20 | The Boneyard

John Brannen post game Uconn 2/9/20

Reaction Score
I liked him better when he was on the Office and Silicon Valley.
1581353923148.png

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Interesting to hear him say they were "out toughed." A lot of talk in the chat room where many of us (especially me) were conflating size/strength with toughness. They may have had a significant edge in bulk and the skill to use it, but the Huskies had the toughness to persevere and overcome. Lesson learned for me.

Reaction Score
I thought he was completely honest and transparent. He acknowledged UConn took away a lot of their offensive stuff, killed them them on the offensive boards, and they lacked the toughness necessary to win. From a Cincy perspective that is an honest assessment

However he said one thing that also rang true. They had more chances at the end to win then they deserved. We still struggle to put games away and that may be a process we are still learning about. Missed FT and a couple bad calls hurt us for sure. Glad we won though and hope it's a springboard for plenty more.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Interesting to hear him say they were "out toughed." A lot of talk in the chat room where many of us (especially me) were conflating size/strength with toughness. They may have had a significant edge in bulk and the skill to use it, but the Huskies had the toughness to persevere and overcome. Lesson learned for me.

I loved Carltons flagrant.

Vogt was pretty inconsequential after that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Vogt was pretty incosequential after that.

Watching the game live I was on the other end from where it happened. From my seat it look as if they got tangled up. There were no replays shown at all at Gampel. What led to the flagrant? On another note, it was very obvious from my seat that Vogt was going over the back and using whatever Husky that was in front of him as a springboard all game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Watching the game live I was on the other end from where it happened. From my seat it look as if they got tangled up. There were no replays shown at all at Gampel. What led to the flagrant? On another note, it was very obvious from my seat that Vogt was going over the back and using whatever Husky that was in front of him as a springboard all game.

it was an obvious hook and hold.

making that a flagrant is a laughable rule change. But it is what it is.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Oh remember when DeJuan Blair flipped Thabeet?

Carltons was way more vicious, he almost pulled Vogts shoulder out of socket with the most blatant hook and hold ive seen in years, and then when Vogt went down Carlton rolled on his leg (unintentionally, but it was the result of Vogt going down to protect his shoulder) in a way that could have ruined Vogts Knee. Im glad neither happened, I dont want to see kids injured, but it sent a scrapping toughness message.

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
he literally grabbed the inside of his arm and dragged him down and then smiled right after. those are the types of plays they need to remove from basketball. can easily break someones arm or fracture their elbow.

Reaction Score
he literally grabbed the inside of his arm and dragged him down and then smiled right after. those are the types of plays they need to remove from basketball. can easily break someones arm or fracture their elbow.
In the arena, I didn’t see the foul but it was pretty clearly a flagrant watching it back last night on TV. Tough play, hopefully Carlton will learn from it.

Reaction Score
To me, in the replays they were showing it honestly looked like they were tangled up jockeying for position for the rebound, and as it bounced Carlton tried to move but couldn't and kind of started falling backwards. Once that happened he didnt or couldn't let go so he yanked down Vogt. I think they got the call right, to me it didn't look like he just set out to yank the guy down, one of those things where the brain cant tell the arm to slide out quick enough to make it happen.

I was so happy to see Vogt is a Junior, not that we'd be playing them every year starting next year anyways, but I thought he was a freshman and man what a valuable freshman that would be

Reaction Score
That game was a microcosm of Cincy's season. Lost a number of close games that Cumberland didn't get one(or quite a few) to fall. Frankly, i was surprised they didn't pitch the ball in the end of regulation for a wide open look, but i guess he lost the handle. I still would put them in reasonable consideration to win the tourney. On a neutral floor, they have kids that have been there before, and even though yesterday they struggle to shoot they're a better offensive team than in the past.

Reaction Score
That game was a microcosm of Cincy's season. Lost a number of close games that Cumberland didn't get one(or quite a few) to fall. Frankly, i was surprised they didn't pitch the ball in the end of regulation for a wide open look, but i guess he lost the handle. I still would put them in reasonable consideration to win the tourney. On a neutral floor, they have kids that have been there before, and even though yesterday they struggle to shoot they're a better offensive team than in the past.

If you have to pick one team to win it, and don't think that home court will make SMU the favorite, I think Cincy has a better chance than anyone else. Having said that, there's not a whole lot to choose between with respect to five or six AAC teams. It will come down to breaks and desire.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Oh remember when DeJuan Blair flipped Thabeet?

Carltons was way more vicious, he almost pulled Vogts shoulder out of socket with the most blatant hook and hold ive seen in years, and then when Vogt went down Carlton rolled on his leg (unintentionally, but it was the result of Vogt going down to protect his shoulder) in a way that could have ruined Vogts Knee. Im glad neither happened, I dont want to see kids injured, but it sent a scrapping toughness message.
I was trying to remember that play.. knew it was Pitt, didn't have the particulars. Very similar.

Reaction Score

Vogt was pretty inconsequential after that.
Why would you like a flagrant foul? It's one thing to be aggressive and to not back down, but to say something like that ..... I would expect that kind of rhetoric from a classless poster.

Reaction Score
To me, in the replays they were showing it honestly looked like they were tangled up jockeying for position for the rebound, and as it bounced Carlton tried to move but couldn't and kind of started falling backwards. Once that happened he didnt or couldn't let go so he yanked down Vogt. I think they got the call right, to me it didn't look like he just set out to yank the guy down, one of those things where the brain cant tell the arm to slide out quick enough to make it happen.

I was so happy to see Vogt is a Junior, not that we'd be playing them every year starting next year anyways, but I thought he was a freshman and man what a valuable freshman that would be

In an "unusual" decision :rolleyes: the NCAA granted immediate eligibility to Vogt when he followed his coach from Northern Kentucky to Cincy. Must have been family illness, or hardship of some sort, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom