John Altavilla | The Boneyard

John Altavilla

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
What became of John Altavilla? I know he was moved off covering the UCONN woman's basketball team because of some comment about his view during a game. But then he was gone.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
He tweeted a comment about Texas cheerleaders that some found offensive. He was pulled from the UConn wcbb beat and I think he covered FB for a while. LinkedIn says he left the Courant in March off last year. Probably when his contract ran out.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I found John A at Tiebreaker.com. I never heard of it. But it is chock full of sports stories. in their words: "You can count on TieBreaker.com for insightful takes on your favorite teams and players in any season. But beyond that, we believe our readers are more than simply spectators. We understand that sports are a lifestyle, because we’re part of it too. We strive to tell imaginative and engaging stories and enhance the experience with interactive polls and quizzes."
"At TieBreaker.com, we know that sports are part of your life because we live it too. We’re bringing together sports + culture in a way you won’t see anywhere else. Find out the latest athlete entertainment news for those who live a sports-inspired life. We take you inside the game and behind the scenes to tell you the sports stories you can’t get anywhere else. You watch the games, we provide you the fun."

Reaction Score
What became of John Altavilla? I know he was moved off covering the UCONN women's basketball team because of some comment about his view during a game. But then he was gone.
Mr Altaviya --was ok, not really good, not like the current H.C. reporter or the NH reporter on WCBB. He lost me as a fan when he insisted: Muffet has Geno's number

Reaction Score
Honestly, I never thought of him as much more than okay, either. After a while, being a beat reporter on any beat is difficult except for the really enterprising. After a while his writing got old and the things he did to try to give it life didn't really work all that well.

Reaction Score
Ah, the two Courant reporters that cover UConn women basketball now are a bit negative especially the male. Missing John A. and Jeff J.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed reading John Altavilla's articles. ....So far, I don't feel the same way about Ms. Stacy's writing.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I never thought of him as much more than okay, either. After a while, being a beat reporter on any beat is difficult except for the really enterprising. After a while his writing got old and the things he did to try to give it life didn't really work all that well.

He was someone who I thought was often trying to beat a dead horse, so to speak. Trying to raise old controversies long after they passed. I got tired of that awful quick.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed reading John Altavilla's articles. ....So far, I don't feel the same way about Ms. Stacy's writing.

I haven't warmed up to her either. I don't see her as anything special on this beat at this point.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Mr Altaviya --was ok, not really good, not like the current H.C. reporter or the NH reporter on WCBB. He lost me as a fan when he insisted: Muffet has Geno's number

Mr Altaviya? He is of Italian descent, not Spanish.

Reaction Score
What became of John Altavilla? I know he was moved off covering the UCONN woman's basketball team because of some comment about his view during a game. But then he was gone.
The writing on the wall for print media along with his writing pretty much erased him from the scene. It came through that he was bored covering a team so dominant. Then there was the defining moment.....
Hartford Courant reviewing unseemly tweets from UConn women's basketball beat writer
Having read his work over the years personally I think his best work was covering golf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom