John A.: Ten things that might interest you | The Boneyard

John A.: Ten things that might interest you

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some awesome stuff in there.

10). If you have raised teenagers you likely understand why it has taken Kiah Stokes so long to figure things out for herself. If she has, and we believe she has, wow, just wow.

:D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
6). Moriah Jefferson is faster than the Acela Express. She is exhilarating to watch. If you ask me, USA Basketball has found its next point guard.

I would just like to point that out to the poster who thought she might be merely solid in the WNBA (but not a star). My comment at the time was "seriously??" and "If Ivory Latta can be an all star and have a big impact in the league, Moriah can be a superstar"

10). If you have raised teenagers you likely understand why it has taken Kiah Stokes so long to figure things out for herself. If she has, and we believe she has, wow, just wow.

I copied # 10 for the SC fans who scoffed at me when I told them when comparing position players head to head, Stokes was at least a wash with their centers. I am of the opinion that there is no better defensive center in the nation.

I picked those comments out not "just because John says it, it must be true", but because I am not the only one who thinks Moriah may be the future PG of USA Basketball (and MUCH MUCH better than a "good WNBA player"), and Kiah may be one of the top 3-4 centers in the entire nation.

Lastly, great stuff by John. Thanks for writing that!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah may be the key player this year. I don't think she'll be as aggressive as Tina was offensively, but if she raises her game to the level of Tina, Stewie, Kaleena, and Moriah, this will be a truly historic team.

"But this Kia Nurse kid is pretty darn good and as fearless as she is experienced." Yes, indeed. We may have lost Asia Durr because we got Kia Nurse, but I'm ok with that.

We have Kia Nurse and Morgan Tuck coming off the bench. How many teams have even one starter as good as either one of them??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with Eric again. Moriah is not a score-first point guard, but she controls games as well as anyone. I can see her as the Team USA point guard. She's smart, tough, and faster than anyone.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Being superstitious with my sports: John, What was the point of uttering your No. 1? On KML thanks for the gratuitous lecture - who you talking to and why are you keeping it in front of us? Think you would have been better off with 1 list half as long, but that's just my opinion and contrary to the way it is striking most. May have to do with the below zero weather here and the soon to be 3 inches of what the skiers here call "White Smoke" on my front steps or some low blood sugar. Think I'll go eat a banana. :oops:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hallelujah for #5, that talk has been bugging me for the past 2 seasons.

#5 . I am overweight and have often been called a fathead. But it does not affect my writing. So again, I beg you, leave Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis alone. The young woman is a great player and is doing everything she can to prepare to have an impactful senior season and earn the No. 1 pick in 2015 WNBA draft. Not everyone’s body type is the same. Let the first person who makes 118 three-pointers in a season or shoot 87 percent from the free throw line cast the first stone.

I concur, especially in the wake of a comment about Huskies eating well in the "Meaty bone" thread, referring to KML's "stats". Even if it wasn't the intention of the OP to be interpreted this was, it will come across as thus to others.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, and there's also better words to use, since the one he employs is very poor. She's a player, like any guy, so "built," "pleasingly packed," "robust," "muscular," "powerhouse," "strapping," "sturdy," and "built to last" are usable. Even a Husky who has tendencies toward the husky side would be better. Trouble is, not sure if John could apply any of these terms to himself as a lead-in to #5.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Body types: Not everyone has a long narrow frame. I find it really offensive when people are closed minded in this respect.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with Eric again. Moriah is not a score-first point guard, but she controls games as well as anyone. I can see her as the Team USA point guard. She's smart, tough, and faster than anyone.
True she is not a score-first point guard because of the team needs. I imagine she could score first aggressively if the game warranted it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Moriah's offense is underrated - her shooting percentage last year was fabulous and she scored when needed.

Reaction Score
John A., nobody has replaced those players. The next player was their own person, and they will not be replaced. Nobody will replace Breanna. However, we have a lot of next players here this year and next: Kia, Gabby, Courtney, Sadie, Katie Lou, Napheesa and De'Janae. Each is the next player who cannot be replaced.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and there's also better words to use, since the one he employs is very poor. She's a player, like any guy, so "built," "pleasingly packed," "robust," "muscular," "powerhouse," "strapping," "sturdy," and "built to last" are usable. Even a Husky who has tendencies toward the husky side would be better. Trouble is, not sure if John could apply any of these terms to himself as a lead-in to #5.
Heat makes things expand, therefore, to me, she's HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom