John A Talked To Kaleena's Hs Coach | The Boneyard

John A Talked To Kaleena's Hs Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I cant wait to see her play. KML is a special young lady and I am so glad she chose UCONN!!

:):)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena will not replace Maya. But the reason is not a lack of talent or a lack of effort. It's that Maya was so special.

But think about this: If you have to lose Maya to graduation, what one recruit from the past 4 years would you want to have coming in as a freshman? Kaleena is at the top of my list.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I dont see her replacing Maya at all either!

Kaleena will be her own person, player, and teammate.

GO UCONN!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One of the things I noticed is the coaches comment about KML's speed. I, too, think she is much quicker and faster than many here have given her credit for. Can't wait until Friday night for a taste of the first action of the year.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
One of the things I noticed is the coaches comment about KML's speed. I, too, think she is much quicker and faster than many here have given her credit for. Can't wait until Friday night for a taste of the first action of the year.
Ice, if you wait until Friday you'll have missed the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think she has Maya's foot speed--few do--but she's surprisingly quick and at least as fast as Diana. She is also good at getting separation from defenders. Her body has changed a lot in the last 6-12 months. Keep it up, Kaleena!

Reaction Score
Nice story. Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite pieces.

"She was determined go to a school and be in a situation where she felt comfortable with her teammates. She wants it to be a fun situation and she felt the sense of family right away at Connecticut. And she never looked back, never took any other visits. She found what she was looking for right there. She didn’t play the field​

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice story. Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite pieces.

"She was determined go to a school and be in a situation where she felt comfortable with her teammates. She wants it to be a fun situation and she felt the sense of family right away at Connecticut. And she never looked back, never took any other visits. She found what she was looking for right there. She didn’t play the field​

Based on what Geno said last week, Kaleena should have tried Division II. Coach says it is more fun. :)

But if ever there was a kid with Division I talent, it is KML!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't think she has Maya's foot speed--few do--but she's surprisingly quick and at least as fast as Diana. She is also good at getting separation from defenders. Her body has changed a lot in the last 6-12 months. Keep it up, Kaleena!
You will be surprised.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
You will be surprised.

It will be interesting to watch KML's development and her performance against the upper-division teams. She will likely never have Maya's forward speed and vertical explosiveness, but she could surprise with her nimble moves. On the offensive end, I have a feeling she is 'smoother' with the ball than Maya, leading to a greater economy of motion and less of a need for pure speed. On the defensive end, I think she will do better against the more physical players like Novasel and Mallory and have a bit tougher time against speedmeisters. But you never know...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to watch KML's development and her performance against the upper-division teams. She will likely never have Maya's forward speed and vertical explosiveness, but she could surprise with her nimble moves. On the offensive end, I have a feeling she is 'smoother' with the ball than Maya, leading to a greater economy of motion and less of a need for pure speed. On the defensive end, I think she will do better against the more physical players like Novasel and Mallory and have a bit tougher time against speedmeisters. But you never know...

Agreed on both points. She is smooth. And her hands are very quick on defense.

Reaction Score

The article was very good at giving Husky fans a more complete picture of KML. Somehow I can't see Geno yelling at her too much, though: what the H, she's doing his recruiting for him now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom