John A.'s article on the visit | The Boneyard

John A.'s article on the visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Also in the audience was Auriemma’s mother, making her first trip to the White House.
“Probably the most important person here,” said Obama. “She gorgeous I can see that’s where [Auriemma] got his head of hair.”

LINK

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice article with some great quotes - especially like the KF one at the end.
(And back to some of the other threads we've had ... Heather may not have played much in her Uconn career and she certainly could have played a lot more and started on a lot of college teams, but she would never have been invited to the WH once let alone the three times she has been. And that is just the crowning moment, there were a lot of other experiences she would have missed as well. And for really really good players - the contrast is much smaller in terms of playing time and starts - KML maybe gave up 37 starts and 5 minutes a game in her freshman year to have two final four trips and one trip to the WH in her first two years of college - I suspect there are about 9 of the top 10 recruits her year that would gladly take that trade off.)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Heather has been to the White House so often she probably has a security clearance by now.

Reaction Score
Kelly:
“It’s such an awesome privilege. It’s great for all of us. It’s one of those things you never would have thought possible, but seems to happen when you play for a program like UConn,” Faris said. “A lot of people naturally look at the basketball experience we have [at UConn] and say ‘Wow.’
“And that’s understandable. We accomplished a lot during the years I was there. But there are so many other things, off the court, that we get to be a part of just because of our association with the program. I feel very fortunate to be able to go and experience another day like this.”

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kelly:
“It’s such an awesome privilege. It’s great for all of us. It’s one of those things you never would have thought possible, but seems to happen when you play for a program like UConn,” Faris said. “A lot of people naturally look at the basketball experience we have [at UConn] and say ‘Wow.’
“And that’s understandable. We accomplished a lot during the years I was there. But there are so many other things, off the court, that we get to be a part of just because of our association with the program. I feel very fortunate to be able to go and experience another day like this.”

well said Kelly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog