John A.: Lynn Reif and the hint from field hockey | The Boneyard

John A.: Lynn Reif and the hint from field hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
”He looked around at all of us with that laser-sharp focus. He looked Diane in the eye and pointedly asked, ”Diane… what does it take to win a National Championship? What does it take to be a national championship team???

LINK

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I love the confidence - that you can be the head coach of the team, yet send the message that you want the team to learn from the walk-on.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It would have been nice if the article included her answer........

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Though many of the members of this year's team know how to win a national championship, the 24 members of UConn's field hockey team could certainly give further inspiration about what it takes to win the NC against big odds. And the English goalkeeper Sarah Mansfield would be a very nice substitute post presence for the Huskies, especially if she was allowed to wear her own special sticksters' uniform. She is a mountain.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
And the English goalkeeper Sarah Mansfield would be a very nice substitute post presence for the Huskies, especially if she was allowed to wear her own special sticksters' uniform. She is a mountain.

I played goalie "back in the day" where the protection was skill pads with footies and a single glove.

Can't recall how many times I got smacked in the noggin'... which may be why I can't recall... :)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I played goalie "back in the day" where the protection was skill pads with footies and a single glove.

Can't recall how many times I got smacked in the noggin'... which may be why I can't recall... :)
Yeah, I just can't warm up to those brutal concussion type sports like field hockey that leave their participants in a wrecked state by the time they're 22. But the penalty shots are much cooler than in soccer, and UConn's deflection move on the second goal in the NC game was a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom