John A. has the inside scoop on Caroline's brace | The Boneyard

John A. has the inside scoop on Caroline's brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Some of the practice players have been saying I nipped them a little with coming off screens. So that’s a plus."

Heheh :D

P.S. That thing looks big

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a picture of the brace?
From today's broadcast...

cd_brace%201.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~maemery/bone11/cd_brace 1.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is similar to the brace I wore for almost 6 mos. Believe me you would not want to clash knees with someone wearing one. Only difference I see is mine has large external knobs where you can set and control the range of motion.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It is similar to the brace I wore for almost 6 mos. Believe me you would not want to clash knees with someone wearing one. Only difference I see is mine has large external knobs where you can set and control the range of motion.

ICE - I had forgotten about your leg injury. How is it feeling these days, and what if any lingering effects are you feeling? How is strength? Range of motion?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ICE - I had forgotten about your leg injury. How is it feeling these days, and what if any lingering effects are you feeling? How is strength? Range of motion?
Range of motion is great but I have a lag issue that prevents me from using the quads to fully extend my leg, about 5 degrees. Nothing major. Strength is still the big issue. Next week will be the one year anniversary of the the injury. doctors and PT told me from the start that this is a 12-18 mo. recovery. I believe them. Once loosened up I can walk with only the slightest perceptible break in gait.

Going upstairs is pretty much OK unless I am fatigued but going downstairs is still awkward.

It is certainly livable and I am just thankful with the outcome compared to how it might have been. thanks for asking.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Range of motion is great but I have a lag issue that prevents me from using the quads to fully extend my leg, about 5 degrees. Nothing major. Strength is still the big issue. Next week will be the one year anniversary of the the injury. doctors and PT told me from the start that this is a 12-18 mo. recovery. I believe them. Once loosened up I can walk with only the slightest perceptible break in gait.

Going upstairs is pretty much OK unless I am fatigued but going downstairs is still awkward.

It is certainly livable and I am just thankful with the outcome compared to how it might have been. thanks for asking.
How's your 3-point shot? :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Sounds like the trend is still upward, which is good. Strength is something that comes back very gradually. Glad that you have already come so far, after a pretty serious mishap.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sounds like the trend is still upward, which is good. Strength is something that comes back very gradually. Glad that you have already come so far, after a pretty serious mishap.
Yes, still moving forward. Every now and then I realize I just did something I had not been able to do before. Kind of surprise myself every now and then.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Caroline has already said she will be back next year. if she can run the team the way she did today allowing Bria to play the 2, that bodes incredibly well. also, i think we will see Stef playing more minutes - clearly they weren't needed today. but i think Caroline, for better or worse, is a big key for UCONN this year.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
It falls short just like my vertical leap.
Big whoop. Y'all start at, what, 8 feet tall when standing? You can practically dunk flat-pawed!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Big whoop. Y'all start at, what, 8 feet tall when standing? You can practically dunk flat-pawed!
That and the fact that no one, that is no one moves us of the block. At least, not and survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom