John A.: Geno praises Nurse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

John A.: Geno praises Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolutely. She was sensational today.

HOOP: not ALL that good. I'm not positive, but I could have sworn that one or two of those threes hit the iron. :rolleyes: (What a great surprise for me......had not seen her shoot it that well in any previous look-see. Terrific - and sorely needed at this point with M-Lewis out)

Reaction Score
HOOP: not ALL that good. I'm not positive, but I could have sworn that one or two of those threes hit the iron. :rolleyes: (What a great surprise for me.had not seen her shoot it that well in any previous look-see. Terrific - and sorely needed at this point with M-Lewis out)

Win -- nope she was perfect from 3. 4-4. Rebounded well no to's. Just has an understanding - and by getting to the ft line-- she gets it. Ofc defense as a frosh- she needs work.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2014-2015/112314.html

But I couldn't be happier from what I saw.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry, Kib, if this comparison bothers you, but I still think that Kua Nurse reminds me of Walt Frazier. A big, smart guard who can really defend and is a very good scorer.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She reminds me of Kara Lawson...but with better decision-making abilities. Kara was really tough but sometimes out of control. Kia has excellent body control and usually makes good decisions with the ball, driving to the basket, etc. Very impressed with her.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Sorry, Kib, if this comparison bothers you, but I still think that Kua Nurse reminds me of Walt Frazier. A big, smart guard who can really defend and is a very good scorer.

Perfect. Doesn't bother me at all.

In fact, her demeanor (noted often by both Doris and Meghan) is such as to exude confidence.

Now, if Walt was "Clyde," who is Kia?

Reaction Score
Dangerfield (2), Nurse (4), KLS (3), Collier (3), Butler (4)

They'll also have Ekmark, Williams, Boykin and, if there's good in this world, Walker coming off the bench and be a damn good team. :p
Nurse
Williams
KLS
Collier
Butler

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Nice to see she's earning herself a starting post.
Time to put this "who's gonna start" thing behind us.
Looking like Stew, KML, MoJett, Stokes, Nurse with Tuck revving it up off the bench. Still time for the others to make a statement, but ND is coming fast.
Stokes may be coming off the bench to spell Tuck, Stewie and KML. Tuck will start agains N Dame I bet.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I spent a lot of time watching Kia at the other end of the court today, and I think a bit of tempering of the superlatives regarding her defense would be appropriate. Certainly aggressive, but....
She is still week on the def end- much better than Chong, but still week. But she has a poise a confidence about her like Caroline Doty. Things never rattle her. U can't teach that.

Reaction Score
Nice to see she's earning herself a starting post.
Time to put this "who's gonna start" thing behind us.
Looking like Stew, KML, MoJett, Stokes, Nurse with Tuck revving it up off the bench. Still time for the others to make a statement, but ND is coming fast.
I'm not so sure about the Stokes part.

Reaction Score
Stokes may be coming off the bench to spell Tuck, Stewie and KML. Tuck will start against N Dame I bet.
I too think Tuck will start ahead of Stokes in the ND game due to matchups and to set the energy level for the game.

Reaction Score

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

In fact, her demeanor (noted often by both Doris and Meghan) is such as to exude confidence.

"Glide"?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Disagree. She was hounding Janning in the 1st half and the girl could barely get a shot off.
Her defense in the second half had a number of errors but that is to be expected. They were mostly on switches and help defense.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

WAIT a minute. It's coming. Jefferson is Bonn, Bonn, Bonnie? And Nurse is Frazier, Walt, Clyde?

Saw it isn't so.

Bonnie and Clyde? :eek:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Clyde Drexler, Phi Slamma Jamma, an all-time great.
Oh, believe, I'm aware of da Clydes. I'm just replying to Kib's post, pondering on a "handle" for Kia, and since Glide n' Clyde rhyme .. Clyde Frazier, Clyde Drexler, Glide Nurse .. nah, on second thought, nevermind. Sounds like a job description for a rehab or therapy RN. Besides, with a one-syllable last name, a two-syllable "tag" would be better. "I.C.", for "intensive care" or "Icy"? (being cooly Canadian):rolleyes:

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Her defense in the second half had a number of errors but that is to be expected. They were mostly on switches and help defense.
U know I B- there were a few times I just isolated on her on defense and it looked like she didn't have an assignment after switches. Great observation.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard if the team has given any freshman a nickname? While we are having fun with our own ideas, I would like to suggest one for Gabby Williams: Boing, Boing!

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard if the team has given any freshman a nickname? While we are having fun with our own ideas, I would like to suggest one for Gabby Williams: Boing, Boing!
ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69