John A.: Geno on Gabby Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

John A.: Geno on Gabby Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He only does it to get attention and sympathy, Doc. Pay no attention.

ElZ - Well, you know what a softie I am. And sometimes he is just so pathetic. But I appreciate your sound advice. (( Got a good chuckle on that from you, ,ElZ, as is often the case. ))

Reaction Score
MEYER: Oh, I see it now. Nice. Bright fellow for sure. Perceptive. Bye-bye.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Dougie said:
We all have a tendency to overreact to one game or one performance. We quickly go from crazy score predictions to preparing for Hara-kiri. Kiah is an integral part of this team and will be key to our success this season.

hey hey hey! Please make that an editorial 'we', for I refuse to be counted amongst those who make these crazy Proclamations.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
hey hey hey! Please make that an editorial 'we', for I refuse to be counted amongst those who make these crazy Proclamations.
When I see "hey hey hey!" in a thread about G. Williams, I immediately think of "Gabby heys."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Agreed, she is raw. That's mainly a function of not playing the last 2 years because of injuries. She has an extremely high ceiling.

I didn't know that the dorms at UCONN had so much overhead space. I guess it makes sense for the basketball dorms.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
She need an extra high ceiling so that when she jumps out of bed she shouldn't give herself a crack on the head. :cool:

Reaction Score
She is very raw and Geno and CD will mold her in to something very special.............I am looking for her to shine at ND next Sat, Dec 6th............

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
She is very raw and Geno and CD will mold her in to something very special...I am looking for her to shine at ND next Sat, Dec 6th..
not saying you're wrong, jsl - in fact, I'd love it if you were right - but, for me, it's too much to expect that. She's still a frosh in her first semester, and, ND @ ND, on national TV, is a tall order for her. Hope you're right, but ..

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Regardless of who starts, who finishes, who's today's savior, who's today's doghouse, and who's confidence has been irredeemably shattered today;

I wish that we could avoid anointing or condemning a player based on what little evidence we have at this point in the season. I know that's what we fans do - we interpret, we extrapolate, we exaggerate - but, even there, we should be a little moderation. The notion that a freshman, admittedly with promising potential, should replace a team's second-leading rebounder (best rebounder, per minute), the leading shot-blocker (60% of the team's blocks so far in this small sample) is foolishly premature.
That's a bit too rational a comment- don't you think? :)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Having been at the game and having then watched the replay, I do not believe that Gabby will be successful scoring in the post against the post defenders that a Top 10 team will have. Nor do I think she
can defend or block shots against someone like Williams or Coates. She may outrun those players and get points that way, or she may be able to make acrobatic layups over those players from several feet away, but she doesn't have the size or strength to match up at close range in the paint.

I think people underestimate the critical defensive contributions that Kiah makes. She can neutralize those types of players.

I also think Kiah's offensive output will improve as she calms down and gets comfortable in her new offensive role. I do think she belongs mostly in the low post, not up high making passes.
I was at the game and watch them more times than I care to admit- u make Gd pts. But one replay showed her elevation from ground level under the hoop- it was something. She will eventually give us a lot of matchup options and versatility!

Reaction Score
We have so many easy games that Geno can give her lots of PT, I expect her to be on a high learning curve. By the end of this year she'll be one of our stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom